31. LOCKED

It has been two days since I was brought here and I haven't left the room once. This time, I wasn't going to give Sean the illusion that I was fine with him keeping me here without my consent. I wouldn't let myself develop Stockholm syndome again and open my heart for my kidnapper. He deserved every bit of hate I was giving him, and some more.

"How long are you going to stay in?" I heard a familiar voice as I was looking out of the window at the pleasant sun.

I turned around and my eyes met Jason's, who was standing near the doorframe with a bowl of pasta in his hands.

"Finally. I was wondering when you'll find time to see me." I pouted and sat down on the bed, giving him space to sit beside me.

"I was home. I didn't know you were back." He said as took the seat and handed me over the pasta.

"I knew the food tasted off. No way you would cook some bland omelet." I smiled at him and took the pasta from his hands.

"So how come you are back? I thought you were gone for good." He said, staring at me with his adorable green eyes.

"I thought that too." I scowled. "It's all Sean's fault. God, I hate him."

I took a bite of the pasta and when the taste hit my tastebuds, I took a sigh of pleasure.

"Well, don't worry. He will soon be too busy to make you miserable." He replied.

"What does that mean?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"You didn't know?" His eyebrows dipped in confusion.

"Know what?" I asked.

"Mr. Miller is getting engaged to Hailey this weekend." He said and my mouth hang open in surprised.

Engaged?

So many emotions rushed through my mind all at once and I forgot how to speak for a whole minute.

Yes, I knew they were in a relationship but I didn't know it was that serious. If it was, what about all those moments we had in the past few months? Why did he take care of me like that? And that kiss after the club, what about that? Why would he kiss me like that if he was seriously in love with Hailey? Was it just casual lust that he wanted to get over with?

"Penny?" Jason called my name, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I.." I looked around, not finding any words to form a sentence. My stomach felt sick all of sudden and I felt like throwing up. "Um.... My head hurts."

"Oh. You better take rest then. I'll visit you later." He said and brought his hands to my cheeks, tucking a loose piece of hair behind my ears. "Take care."

"Sure." I smiled but it felt forced.

Once he left, I collapsed back on the bed while moisture appeared in my eyes. I felt disgusted at myself for feeling like this. I was supposed to hate him for hiding the truth of my mother's death. Now, I had two reasons to hate him. He kissed me despite being committed to someone. Yet, I still didn't feel any hatred for him, just a weird longing in the deepest corners of my heart for a man who would never be mine.

.........

As the day passed, the feeling of sadness was replaced by anger. Sean Miller was a two-timing jerk and he deserved all the hate in the world. He was a liar, a cheater, a sadist and an evil manipulative villain. And he didn't have the courtesy to even tell me that he was getting engaged. Fuck him!

Why should I stay locked in a hole while his life hasn't been affected a bit? I decided to go downstairs and act like nothing he did concerned me. But first, I was going to take off these rags I've been wearing for two days.