25. ENCOUNTER

I never thought one day I would have my legs on Thomas’s shoulders.

That sounded wrong.

I was standing on Thomas’s shoulders, looking over at the other side of the wall, where Mr. Miller was waiting for me with an irritated expression on his face.

“Just close your eyes and jump.” He said for the fifth time.

“I’ll fall and break my leg. It’s too high.” I said. The only thing balancing me was the tall stature and broad shoulders of Thomas, who didn’t look particularly pleased at that. I hardly weighed above 140 pounds so I don’t see why he would be worried; that’s like a piece of cake for him.

“We are getting late, Penelope.” Sean groaned.

Taking a deep sigh, I hopped my one leg over the wall. I was wearing a satin slip dress so the action put me in a scandalous position. I dared not to look down towards Mr. Miller and carefully pulled my other leg to this side. My deltoids were in no position of handling my weight so I loosened my hold on the wall and fell straight to the ground with a shriek. Or I would have been, if someone hadn’t caught me.

He caught me by my legs while I placed my arms on him. First my waist brushed against his face, then I slid lower, giving him a zoomed-in view of my decolletage, and then finally came face to face in front of him as my feet finally landed on the ground.

His new look has made him look boyish, which I didn’t expect to suit him but it somehow did. We had changed our look before coming to this event. Sean had shaved his beard, revealing his sharp jaw and he had ditched his usual dark suits for a softer look. He was wearing a baby blue sweater with jeans, his dark eyes were hiding behind thick-rimmed glasses. If I didn’t know him better, I would think he was a contemporary artist here to appreciate art.

I, on the other hand, was ordered to wear a blonde wig for a more prominent change. That, along with the sophisticated royal blue slip dress and the diamonds around my neck will help me blend with the rich crowd.

“What are you going to do with that gun?” I said, pointing at the metal peeking out of his pocket.

“Yes, this.” He took it out. “We need to hide it discreetly.”

“Where?” I asked.

His gaze landed on me, travelling from my neck down to my chest, then to my waist and finally stopping at my thighs. “I am not hiding it in my panties.” I said with a horrified expression on my face.

“Who said anything about panties?” He smirked. “You’re wearing a garter, right?”

“Um…” I blushed nervously. “I..”

Without wasting time, he lowered himself to the ground. “I am going to lift your dress.” He said as he did the same, not giving me much time to react. I flushed up like a tomato at the aspect of him being so close to my legs. I didn’t remember the last time I had shaved.

For someone in a hurry, he took his sweet time securing the gun to my garter. As his thumb brushed against my thigh, I had to stop myself from clenching my legs. I felt weak in my knees and the nerves in my stomach bundled up.

He raised his eyes to look at me and found me staring at him with hooded eyes. “Don’t close your legs too tight.” He said and I felt his hot breath on my legs. He then stood up but before that, he did something that almost made me moan. He grazed his hand all the way from my calf to the inside of my thigh.

“Wh… Why would I close my legs too tight?” I asked but my voice came out all shaky.

“I don’t know but if it comes to that, don’t.” He said as he walked away, leaving me a little hot and bothered.