30. FORCEFULLY YOURS

When I regained my consciousness, my head felt heavy and my body felt like it was run over by a truck. I tried to open my eyes but the bright light blinded me so I didn't dare again and kept my eyes closed.

As few minutes passed, I realized my throat was parched and my lips felt crackled. "Water." I whispered.

The last thing I remember was Sean Miller injecting me with something. I didn't want to think about that because it made my head hurt more. I had decided that I now wanted nothing to do with him.

"Here." A feminine voice said and put a spoonful of water in my mouth.

"Thanks." I said and attempted to open my eyes. Once the flashes of light settled and my vision adjusted, I looked at the helper and a shriek left my mouth.

"Where am I?" I said in panic, looking at Jenny who was staring at me in alarm. I then looked around me, watching the familiar surrounding that made my heart pound inside my chest.

"Please calm down. Mr. Miller said...."

"Who brought me here?" I said in panic. Here I was, back in the same Miller mansion from where it all started.

"Mr. Miller did." She said nervously.

"That son of a bitch. Where is he?" I attempted to stand up but my body felt too weak. "Sean! Sean!!!" I groaned.

"He isn't home." Jenny answered.

"When he comes back home, tell him that I don't want to see his face and he better let me go." I said and turned my back towards her, not wanting to talk to anyone.

Jenny left the room and closed the door behind her, leaving me to deal with the demons in my head.

I hated him. I couldn't believe I lived here for so many months and Sean didn't bother to mention once that his father was the one who murdered my mother. That man was the reason I grew up without a mother. Sean forced me to live in a house that my father left because his father killed the love of his life. How could Sean be so insensitive? How could he hide such an important detail from me?

Just when I was starting to trust him, he betrayed me. He had a million chances to tell me the truth but he chose to keep me in the dark. Why would he think I woud trust him after that? And why did his sorry ass think it was right to kidnap me and take me back to that house?

God, I hate him.

It wasn't his fault though. It was mine to trust a mobster. He wasn't a saint and he never claimed to be one. If he could kill someone then hiding the truth wasn't that big of an offence.

I buried myself under the blanket and didn't leave the room the whole day. My stomach had started to grumble but I wasn't going to get comfortable here like last time. Things were vastly different now. There was no way in hell I would let him keep me here against my wishes.

The day passed slowly; the yellowish tinge of sunlight coming through the window transpired, leaving behind just darkness. I didn't leave the bed, didn't even change my position, just kept waiting for Sean to come so I could lash at him.

And at around 9 o' clock, he finally did. As I watched him enter through the door, I clenched my jaw without acknowledging his presence.

"What am I hearing? Why haven't you eaten anything?" He said roughly.

"Let me go." I said, coming straight to the point.

"No." He said.

"Then I'll starve to death." I gritted.

Jenny entered the room behind him with a plate of rice. He looked at me for a moment, waiting for me to sit up but I ignored both of them completely.

Finally, he let out an exaggerated sigh and made me sit up straight by tugging at my elbow. I winced at his strong hold and attempted to free myself but in vain.

"Let me go, Sean. I don't want to see you, I don't want to be with you in one room, I don't want to do anything with you." I shouted at him as I tried to free myself from his hold but he was stronger.

"I won't leave you until you have finished this plate." He growled while his fingers dug into the soft skin of my arm. His voice was scary and the look on his face was scarier. I have seen this look on his face before but it was never directed towards me. "Hate me if you want. I don't care. But you aren't leaving this house until the danger is over."

"And how will you keep me here? By manhandling me? By letting your dogs force me into submission?" I almost spat at him. His face was so close that I could see the amber in his pupils. But this time, I didn't feel attracted to him. Instead, all I felt was anger.

"If I have to, I will." He said and forced a spoonful of rice into my mouth while holding my chin with his other hand. I was so angry at him that I wanted to burst into tears but I didn't, as I didn't want him to think of me as weak.

"Leave the room. I'll eat it." I said, pushing his hand away from my chin. "And don't dare to touch me again."

"Fine. Have it your way." He said and stood up straight. "If she leaves the food uneaten, ask Thomas to shove it down her throat." He said and my heart dropped at his tone.

"I hate you, Sean Miller." I said to him as he was leaving the room. He stopped in his track for a moment as he clenched his fists. He didn't turn around so I couldn't see his reaction.

...

SEAN

I punched my desk as soon as I entered the study. Pain shot through my knuckles but somehow, it felt good. I knew I deserved this pain for hurting Penny, both physically and by my words. I hated myself for being a massive jerk to her when I should be apologizing to her for ruining everything.

"Don't you think you were too harsh?" Lucas followed me to the study.

"You are the one saying that?" I asked.

"Yeah, I liked being the only one she is scared of." He shrugged.

"It was necessary. Nothing I say or do would make her hate me less. So if I want her to stay here, she needs to know that she has no other option." I said as I took my seat.

"Well, who am I to question?" He asked rhetorically. "Just make sure she doesn't do anything stupid."

"With Penny, you never know." I replied.

After Lucas left the room, I once again began to drown in my thoughts. I still remember the day Penny's mother was killed. I was ten years old back then, my memory was a little foggy. But I remembered the chaos that had erupted in the house, the screams, the shouting.

I didn't want to tell Penny because at first, I didn't think it was important. But then, I refrained from telling her because I didn't want to lose her. I was afraid that if I told her, she would start hating me for the crimes of my father.

"Sean!" I heard a voice that shook me out of my thoughts. I lifted my head and watched the familiar face of Hailey Connor, the woman I was supposed to be in love with.

"Hey." I said halfheartedly. "How are you?"

"How am I supposed to be?" She walked in angrily. "You left for a month and didn't call me. What should I think of that?"

"I was busy." I replied curtly.

"So was I. Do you know how many events I missed because you weren't there to escort me?" She ranted.

"I'll make it up to you." I said.

"No. No diamond or jewelry will make up for it. I need something more than that." She crossed her arms.

"I'm already tired Hailey, don't beat around the bush." I said in an exasperated voice.

"Listen Sean. I know you aren't in love with me but we are together for a reason. Either you step up or you're going to lose my father's support." She threatened.

Fucking hell.

Hailey was the daughter of Senator Connor and she knew how much I needed his support to keep my men protected. In return, all I have to do was court his daughter and marry her one day. Hailey was beautiful enough to get any man yet she wanted me. Apparently, she had a crush on me since she saw me at her house once. She knew her father had enough money and political power to get her everything she wanted.

"Fine. You won't have any complain from now onwards." I said and walked towards her to kiss her.

**************************