18. HURDLE IN THE WAY

When I woke up from sleep today, I felt cold due to the absence of any warmth around me. My eyes slowly adjusted to the bright sunlight as I rose to sitting position. As I looked around myself, I found a very shirtless Sean standing with his face towards the window. He was sipping something from a cup in his hand, probably coffee.

My eyes zeroed on his broad, sculpted back with taut, defined muscles. With each movement, his biceps bulged out slightly, making a fascinating sight for sore eyes. This reminded me of how approximated our bodies were last night and how he kept me secure by pinning me close to himself throughout the night.

It was a wonder that the guy who was always so cold can provide so much warmth while sleeping.

"Get up and make breakfast. The car is back from mechanic. We have to leave in an hour." I heard him say and I stared at him in confusion. How did he know I was up? Does he have eyes on the back of his head?

"Um.... Why should I make breakfast?" I asked, walking off the bed. "Just because I am a girl?"

"Because I had to cook dinner for your lazy ass last night." He corrected me, turning around and to my dismay, his front side was even sexier in broad daylight.

"Fine." I said and went into the bathroom first to avoid staring at him like a creep.

Once I was fresh, I made sunny side up eggs for breakfast and toasted bread with it. Sean said we won't be stopping for some time now so I packed some peanut butter and jam sandwiches with us as well.

"What are you, a kid?" Sean commented when he saw me packing those sandwiches.

"If adults are boring like you then I'd rather be a kid." I replied and gathered my luggage.

Thomas was waiting for us outside the cabin. As he saw us, he took over the luggage and made way towards the car.

"When does he eat or sleep?" I asked, watching the huge guy retreat.

"He does everything. He just doesn't make noice." I said.

"Not even when he has sex? Wait, does he have sex? Does Thomas have a wife or a girlfriend?" I might have asked more questions related to Thomas's sex life if I hadn't received a deadly glare from Sean Miller, silencing me.

"Thomas has pledged to serve me. He doesn't need worldly pleasures." Sean answered, holding my hand as we walked over a rugged path to reach the car.

"What did you do to earn such loyalty?" I asked.

"I saved his life once." He replied and then nodded at me to shut up once we had sit inside the car.

"You saved my life too. I won't serve you for that." I whispered.

"Some people are ungrateful." He replied, giving me a side eye.

He then turned his attention to his mobile screen while I attempted to finish the novel I had started. Hopefully, this was the last day of our roadtrip and by tonight, we'll be in Florida.

I don't know what he intended to do once we reach there. I don't even know if he will find any answers there but one thing was for sure, I would not ever go back to Sean's mansion again with him.

This man was an insufferable twat who had tried to control my life ever since we met. Yes, he saved me a few times but who got me in those situations in the first place?

And lately, he had been testing me in a whole different kind of way. He was getting me used to himself and his way of livings, so much that the lines between good and bad had been getting blurry.  Last night, we broke into someone's house and I slept peacefully. In fact, I cuddled with him on someone else's bed. Instead of hating him for kidnapping me, I've starting to find solace in his company.