Shade#302 (S15): Highflyer

CUT TO: NORTH CENTRAL DISTRICT

EXT. HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY - MORNING

KAYNE WORKS AT HIS COMPUTER BUT LOOKS UP TO THE DOOR AFTER SNIFFING THE AIR.

[Kayne]

Enter.

AMERETH ENTERS INTO THE ROOM, WALKS TO A FEW OF THE GUEST CHAIRS, AND SITS DOWN.

[Amereth]

Was the issue with the rogue vampire resolved?

[Kayne]

Yes. I handled it as swiftly as I could. The boy was... helpful.

[Amereth]

What boy?

[Kayne]

You put on a show for Tomi's sake. We both know I need no such pandering.

[Amereth]

Fine, I will admit that I wasn't expecting him to be Shade either. Was that what had you so troubled about his presence in her life?

[Kayne]

I don't appreciate your teasing.

[Amereth]

My love that's all it is.

[Kayne]

Back to the matter at hand. It was a strigoi; sent here to frame me or vouchsafe the existence of vampires among the citizens of this city.

[Amereth]

Of all the monsters that could stalk them through the night, none would terrify them more than the clandestine, cataclysmic, cold nature of the vampire. That or zombies.

[Kayne]

I don't even like zombies. Too indulgent.

[Amereth]

Do you have any idea who would have sent the strigoi?

[Kayne]

A lifetime of enemies means a lifetime of uncertainty. I couldn't even begin to narrow it down even if I wanted to.

[Amereth]

Perhaps he was a mere messenger. How concerned do you think we should be?

[Kayne]

Thanks to the boy's quick thinking none of the blame has been attributed to us. I will however be on constant alert from now on. Our discovery is too great a risk to leave to chance and if someone is attempting to harm me I will show them what it means to have me as an enemy.

[Amereth]

I will be on the lookout as well.

[Kayne]

Very good. If you don't mind, I have to get back to work.

[Amereth]

See you at home.

[Kayne]

See you at home.

CUT TO: WEST DISTRICT

EXT. HIGHWAY - NIGHT

A JEWELRY TRUCK ARRIVING IN THE CITY FROM OUT WEST DRIVES ALONG THE HIGHWAY. A CAR FURTHER BACK DOWN THE ROAD TAILS THE JEWELRY TRUCK.

[Driver]

Hey, they're coming up on the checkpoint. Are you boys ready?

[Driver#2]

(Over the radio)