Shade#315 (S15): Infallible

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

EXT. MIDTOWN DISTRICT - AFTERNOON

AT A FUNDRAISING EVENT FOR DISENFRANCHISED YOUTH, POWERHOUSE CARRIES A HUGE PALLET OVER A PLACE WHERE IT IS NEEDED AND SETS IT DOWN. SOME KIDS RUSH OVER TO WHERE KELFORD IS AND HUDDLE AROUND HIM.

[Kid#1]

Whoa, who're you?

[Kelford]

You can call me...! You can call me Powerhouse.

[Kid#2]

Wow! Do you know Shade?

[Powerhouse]

Yeah, I know Shade.

[Kid#3]

Do you think you could beat him in a fight?

[Powerhouse]

I dunno. Shade's pretty tough. If it came down to it though, I think I could take him.

[Tynice]

(From behind)

Powerhouse, huh?

POWERHOUSE TURNS AROUND AND SEES TYNICE WALKING OVER TO WHERE HE IS.

[Powerhouse]

Hey, um, how's it going?

[Tynice]

It's going alright. What does that pallet weigh? At least 1000 lbs right? I wasn't aware that you were a... metahuman.

[Powerhouse]

I didn't think it was the best video to go around advertising it.

[ynice]

How long have things been this way?

[Powerhouse]

The night I was arrested for trying to get my car back.

[Tynice]

That whole time?

[Powerhouse]

Well, I couldn't broadcast it. I wish I didn't have to hide it but criminals usually tend to hold a grudge.

[Tynice]

Has your alter ego got a second? I would like to talk to him.

[Powerhouse]

Yeah, sure. I've got to get two more pallets put out and then I'll be right with you.

POWERHOUSE MOVES TWO MORE PALLETS OFF A TRUCK AND WALKS WITH TYNICE TO SOMEWHERE PRIVATE.

[Tynice]

Kelford, right?

[Kelford]

Yeah, it's me.

[Tynice]

My, God. I can't believe this city will have to worry about yet another vigilante.

[Powerhouse]

I'm not a vigilante.

[Tynice]

You're... not?

[Powerhouse]

Or, I don't have any active aspirations to be anymore. An old teacher of mine was short-staffed for this event and I volunteered to help.

[Tynice]

Oh, well, that's semi-good news. What made you quit?

[Powerhouse]

There are a lot of bad things happening out there and as much as I have to opportunity to help, I feel like where it counts it would only hinder certain processes. I also think that the cops should have to be able to evolve and adapt to these new and trying times.