Shade#319 (S15): Blameworthy

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

EXT. DOWNTOWN - AFTERNOON

SHADE IS SLAMMED THROWN INTO THE SIDE OF A BUILDING BY A B.O.X. ROBOT. AS SHADE STANDS TO HIS FEET HE HOLDS HIS SIDE, THE B.O.X. ROBOT AND A CITY WATCH HERO ARE READY TO MOVE ON THE OFFENSIVE AGAIN.

[Unknown City Watch Hero]

Vigilante, this is your last chance to surrender before you are made to surrender with hostile force. Don't make this any harder than it has to be.

CUT TO: THREE DAYS EARLIER; SOUTH DISTRICT

EXT. INTERSTATE PARK - AFTERNOON

A COUPLE OF COPS TAKE COVER BEHIND THEIR POLICE CRUISER AS THUGS SHOOT AT THEM WITH HIGH-CALIBER WEAPONS.

[Cop#1]

They've got us pinned down. The best we can do is hope that reinforcements get here soon.

[Thug#1]

You pigs better get the $%^& outta here!

[Thug#2]

You're already about to get it bad enough as it is.

ONE OF POLICE OFFICER#6 PEEKS OUT FROM BEHIND COVER, FIRES A SHOT, HITS ONE OF THE THUGS, AND IS SHOT IN THE PROCESS. POLICE OFFICER#6 FALLS BACK ON THE GROUND AND POLICE OFFICER#7 PULLS HIM TO SAFETY.

[Police Officer#7]

Officer down!

[Police Officer#4]

Help him! We can't do anything until we get these guys dealt with.

SHADE ARRIVING AT THE GUNFIGHT SCALES THE GROUND TO GET BEHIND THE THUGS' LINE OF DEFENCE.

[Thug#1]

Whatever the %^*& happens we don't let these mother%^&$ers leave with that tape!

[Shade]

(Thinking)

Tape? I guess I better figure out just what the hell is going on.

SHADE STANDS UP BEHIND ONE OF THE THUGS AND TAPS HIM ON THE SHOULDER.

[Shade]

Hey!

THE THUG STARTLED JUMPS BACK AND ALL THE THUGS TURN THEIR ATTENTION TO SHADE.

[Thug#2]

Where the $%^& did he come from?

[Thug#5]

Who gives a $%^*? Shoot his ass!

[Shade]

Now, you could do that or you could tell me what the tape is about and where you got those guns.

[Thug#4]

We don't have to tell you shit! You're just as bad as they are if not worse!

[Thug#3]

Wait, pump the breaks. What if he's able to get the tape to someone who can do something about it?

[Thug#4]

He ain't gonna do that shit! For as long as he's been running around putting niggas in jail. Shoot his bitch ass and let's get back to work.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

I've got at least one guy who's willing to talk to me. The rest not so much but if I press him here, he'll get caught up in the crossfire. So, there's only one logical thing to do in a situation like this.