Shade#308 (S15): Catwalk catastrophe

CUT TO: WEST BEDROCK DISTRICT

INT. FASHION STUDIO - MORNING

MS. HERD BARGES INTO THE OFFICE OF MS. ST. CLAIR AND SLAMS SOME PAPERS DOWN ON HER DESK. MS. ST. CLAIR WHO IS IN THE MIDDLE OF A CALL LOOKS AT MS. HERD WITH A INCREDULOUS EXPRESSION.

[Ms. St. Clair]

I'm sorry, a problem has arrived. I'll have to call you back in a moment.

MS. ST. CLAIR HANGS UP THE PHONE AND THEN CALLS OFF A SECURITY GUARD THAT HAS MADE IT TO THE ROOM.

[Security Guard#1]

Ms. St. Clair, I apologize. She managed to slip past me and—!

[Ms. St. Clair]

No apology is needed. As it turns out, I was just looking forward to having an appointment with Ms. Herd. Luckily she came to me. You can leave us.

[Security Guard]

Yes, ma'am.

THE SECURITY GUARD LEAVES AND MS. ST. CLAIR LOOKS AT THE PAPERS ON HER DESK SEEING THAT THEY ARE SKETCHES OF DRESSES AND CLOTHES.

[Ms. St. Clair]

My, my Ms. Herd. These are splendid.

[Ms. Herd]

Yes, they are. And they are my designs. So color me shocked when I found that you were debuting my designs with no credit to me!

[Ms. St. Clair]

You had these sketches stored on a company computer my dear. You can't really expect me to accept the bottom of the barrel while you keep the passion products now can you?

[Ms. Herd]

They were my passion products! You stole them and passed them off as your own. If you really wanted them that badly, you could have just paid me for them.

[Ms. St. Clair]

Let's be clear about who exactly is in the wrong here. I hired you to create clothing designs. Every month, I review the designs you give me, most of which, are unusable and uninspired. Meanwhile, our competitors are debuting products left and right. Then I find that you've been hiding designs from me while you're supposed to be working on what I asked you to in the first place. What? Did you think that you were going to branch out, get your own brand? Do your own thing? You owed me platinum material for a platinum position and I will make sure that you are compensated for this work but it belongs to the company!

[Ms. Herd]

You won't get away with this! I will sue the hell out of you!

[Ms. St. Clair]

Do you think you'll be able to survive a court battle? I'll have everything tied up in litigation.

[Ms. Herd]

Then the court of public opinion will suffice!

MS. HERD BEGINS TO STORM OUT BUT MS. ST. CLAIR STANDS UP AND SLAMS HER FIST ON THE TABLE.

[Ms. St. Clair]

Who's going to believe you? You should have invested in a sketchbook, there are a million different ways I can turn this in my favor. If it's up to me, I'll make sure you never see a red cent for this insolence! Just calm down and think for a second, this helps us both when it works out. Your design is fabulous, it will practically fly off the shelves, and when the money comes flowing in who gets a big fat bonus?

MS. HERD GLARES STERNLY AT MS. ST. CLAIR IN DISAPPOINTMENT.

[Ms. Herd]

If I couldn't trust you with this, what can I trust you with?