Shade#320 (S15): Descry

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

INT. PSYCHIC SHOP - NIGHT

SHADE, TO̅MI, AND KAYNE IDLE IN THE WAITING AREA OF LADY LURE'S SHOP. LADY LURE ARRIVES BACK IN THE WAITING AREA WITH A CIGARETTE HOLDER.

[Lady Lure]

Everyone is here now. That's good. We can begin now.

[Kayne]

It's about time. Tell me, Lady Lure, why would you take such a roundabout approach to get in contact with me? Surely you have a familiar or even could have sent a letter. Instead, you endanger my daughter and believe that this boy is any means of protection against my ire.

[Shade]

I mean, I'm no push over but—!

[Kayne]

Silence! Allow the witch to speak for herself.

LADY LURE TAKES A PUFF OF HER CIGARETTE WITHOUT LOOKING UP AT KAYNE.

[Lady Lure]

Oh, a father's provision is indeed something to be reckoned with. However, I guarantee you that on your crusade to snatch humanity into betterness that the only other thing that could be used to get your attention in the first place is your daughter. And the boy isn't here to protect me from you.

LADY LURE LOOKS AT KAYNE.

[Lady Lure]

If you believe that your ire is capable of punishing me as you see fit then by all means, proceed. I'm interested in seeing what would happen.

KAYNE AND LADY LURE STARE DOWN FOR A FEW SECONDS.

[Kayne]

So, you aren't a witch after all. For a human, I must say you've done well amassing so much power for yourself. Fine, what impasse requires my attention?

[Lady Lure]

You're aware by now that there were vampires in the city, other than yourself of course.

[Kayne]

Yes, I am. Surely it wasn't something that troubled you that much.

LADY LURE BECKONS THE GROUP TO SIT DOWN AT HER TABLE.

[Lady Lure]

No, I can't say that it was. Why don't you all have a seat? We'll be here for a while.

KAYNE, SHADE, AND TO̅MI BEGIN TO APPROACH THE TABLE.

[Lady Lure]

Mind the vase.

[Kayne]

What—?

KAYNE STEPS ON A BOARD SHUFFLING IT, THE BOARD HE MOVES KNOCKS AN ACCENT TABLE OVER AND DESTROYS THE VASE. KAYNE LOOKS AT LADY LURE WITH A GUILTY EXPRESSION AND LADY LURE SIGHS.

[Lady Lure]

It's fine. By now, it's just a party trick that I like to pull.

KAYNE'S EXPRESSION SHIFTS TO SLIGHTLY ANNOYED THEN HE COMMENCES TO SIT DOWN AT THE TABLE.

[Lady Lure]

These vampires blew into town with a message I'm sure. The contents of that message I'm not certain, nor do I believe that they are important to me. I have seen a vision, however. The vampires are planning an attack?

[Shade]

When?

[Lady Lure]

It will be soon, that's all I know. Kayne, humanity doesn't deserve to be involved in this conflict.