Shade#314 (S15): V for Vanity

PAGE 1 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

CUT TO: DREAM; WEST CENTRAL DISTRICT
INT. ANGELWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - AFTERNOON

VANESSA WALKS INTO THE LUNCHROOM AND MOST PEOPLE EITHER GET OUT OF HER WAY OR OGLE HER.

Panel 2.

WHILE VANESSA IS LOOKING FOR A LUNCH TABLE, SHE SPOTS TO̅MI SITTING BY HERSELF DRINKING A SMOOTHIE.

Panel 3.

VANESSA APPROACHES TO̅MI'S TABLE SITTING DOWN WITHOUT A WORD. TO̅MI GLANCES AT VANESSA WITH A QUERYING EXPRESSION SINCE OF COURSE, VANESSA HAS SAT DOWN AT THE TABLE WITHOUT SPEAKING.

Panel 4.

VANESSA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH A PRETENTIOUS AND SLIGHTLY FRIENDLY DISPOSITION. TO̅MI EXPRESSES A GENUINE BEAM AS SHE TALKS WITH VANESSA.

VANESSA: (BALLOON)

My name is Vanessa Greer.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)

I'm To̅mi Andrei. Nice to meet you.

VANESSA: (BALLOON)

Likewise. So, To̅mi, there's this new dress shop that opened up at the promenade. I think you should come with me to check it out.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)

That sounds like a fun time, Vanessa. I'd love to.

Panel 5.

VANESSA WAKES UP AS HER ALARM CLOCK JOLTS HER OUT OF HER SLEEP, RIPPING HER FROM HER DREAMS BACK INTO REALITY.

PAGE 2 (FOUR PANELS)

Panel 1.

VANESSA AGGRESSIVELY SLAPS HER ALARM CLOCK TO SHUT IT OFF.

Panel 2.

VANESSA SITS UP IN HER BED WITH A BEDHEAD THAT IS TOO CRAZY TO GO UNNOTICED.

VANESSA: (THINKING BALLOON)

Another trip down memory lane, huh? I'm surprised I didn't dream about becoming the future queen of England again. Oh, well. The queen of Angelwood High will have to do for now.

Panel 3.

VERTICAL PANEL THAT DEPICTS VANESSA SHAMBLING OUT OF HER ROOM WHILE RUBBING HER LEFT EYE WITH HER LEFT HAND.

Panel 4.

VANESSA STANDS IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR IN THE BATHROOM WITH A PIQUED EXPRESSION.

VANESSA: (THINKING BALLOON)

Beauty is so laborious. I don't think people even appreciate how long it takes. Although, the one thing I can say for sure, no one ever looks as good as me when everything is said and done.

PAGE 3 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

CUT TO: WEST CENTRAL DISTRICT
INT. THE GREER HOME - MORNING

VANESSA WALKS INTO THE KITCHEN WHILE HER MOTHER IS PREPARING BREAKFAST. VANESSA SPORTS A PINK LONG-SLEEVED, LOWCUT SHIRT WITH BABY BLUE RIPPED JEANS AND SNEAKERS.

VANESSA: (BALLOON)

*SIGH* Mommy, is my breakfast ready yet?

VERONICA GREER: (BALLOON)

It's coming hot off the stove dear. Take a seat at the table.

Panel 2.

VANESSA SITS AT THE TABLE STRETCHING ONE OF HER ARMS INTO THE AIR. SHE SLIGHTLY CONTORTS HERSELF AS SHE YAWNS TRYING TO FULLY WAKE HERSELF.