Shade#310 (S15): Evil effigy

CUT TO: NORTH CENTRAL DISTRICT

EXT. NEIGHBORHOOD - NIGHT

FOUR OUT OF THE FIVE GIRLS IN A SLEEPOVER GO INTO A IN-ROOM BATHROOM WITH LIT CANDLES AND THE LIGHT OFF.

[Angie]

Hanna, don't tell me that you're chicken.

[Hanna]

You guys are nuts. I'm not even going to take the chance.

[Kory]

Uh, safety in numbers. Besides, it's not even real it's just for fun.

[Hanna]

I guess that explains why you're all in there together.

[Kory]

It's a bonding exercise.

[Hanna]

Right. Whatever it is, I don't want any part of it.

[Beth]

Suit yourself.

THE GIRLS INSIDE THE BATHROOM CLOSE THE DOOR AND LOOK AT EACH OTHER WITH NERVOUS EXPRESSIONS.

[Beth]

So, who's gonna say it?

[Kory]

Don't look at me. This was Angie's idea.

[Angie]

We're all in here so we all have to say it. Besides, there's no way we can chicken out, we'd never hear the end of it from Hanna.

[Shanna]

Is it 3 or 5 times?

[Kory]

I'm pretty sure that it's 5. We have to make sure we all say it at the same time!

[Angie]

Well, I'm the most coordinated so everyone follow my lead.

[Angie, Beth, Kory, and Shana]

Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary.

THERE IS A SHORT PERIOD OF SILENCE INSIDE OF THE ROOM AND ALL OF THE GIRLS LOOK AT EACH OTHER.

[Angie]

Well, that was—!

SUDDENLY A FIGURE STARTS TO COME OUT OF THE MIRROR AND THE CANDLES BLOW OUT. OUTSIDE OF THE ROOM, HANNA WATCHES THE DOOR WITH DRED AS IT RATTLES FURIOUSLY, THE GIRLS INSIDE OF THE BATHROOM SCREECHING IN TERROR. HANNA DROPS TO THE FLOOR TERRIFIED OF THE EVENTS TAKING PLACE AND ANGIE'S PARENTS BURST INTO THE ROOM A FEW SECONDS AFTER THE COMMOTION AND SCREAMS STOP.

[Angie's dad]

What the hell is going on in here? What's up with all the racket?

[Hanna]

T—They went in even... even though I told them not to. I warned them not to play around with stuff like that.

[Angie's mom]

Hanna, what's going on?

[Hanna]

It was her! She got them!

[Angie's mom]

What?

ANGIE'S MOM LOOKS TOWARD THE BATHROOM AND SEES A BLOOD STAIN ON THE CARPET.

[Angie's mom]

Angie? Girls?

ANGIE'S DAD APPROACHES THE DOOR WITH CAUTION AND OPENS THE DOOR. UPON OPENING THE DOOR AND TURNING ON THE LIGHT THE SCENE OF CARNAGE IS FULLY REALIZED WITH THE GIRLS HAVING BEEN BRUTALIZED AND CUT BUT STILL ALIVE.