Shade#307 (S15): Bet on black

CUT TO: SOUTHWEST ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT

INT. MRS. SMITH'S HOUSE - MORNING

COINS ATTEMPTS TO RELAX AFTER HEADACHE SUBSIDES. MRS. SMITH GIVES HER A HIGH-DOSE IBUPROFEN AND A CUP OF WATER.

[Coins]

Thank you.

[Mrs. Smith]

You're welcome. Are you feeling better?

[Coins]

Yes, I'm better now.

COINS TAKES THE IBRUPROHIN, SIPS WATER FROM THE CUP AND MRS. SMITH PONDERS TO HERSELF.

[Mrs. Smith]

How often does something like that happen?

[Coins]

It doesn't happen a lot. However, those two creeps usually show up.

[Mrs. Smith]

I see.

MRS. SMITH WALKS BACK INTO HER BEDROOM, RETRIEVES A DEVICE, AND COMES BACK INTO THE LIVING ROOM.

[Coins]

What is that?

[Mrs. Smith]

This is a scanner. It's a little outdated but I can assure you that it will cause you no harm.

[Coins]

Oh, does it sound weird that I barely want to know what's going on?

[Mrs. Smith]

In some regard, yes. Just stay still for me.

MRS. SMITH USES THE DEVICE TO SCAN COINS' HEAD AND FINDS A MICROCHIP.

[Mrs. Smith]

Oh, no.

[Coins]

What is it? What's happening?

[Mrs. Smith]

You have a microchip in your brain. That is what's causing those headaches. It's also what's allowing those people to track you. We can't stay here. It's more than likely that they've already triangulated your location.

[Coins]

Where else can we go?

[Mrs. Smith]

We may have to go to the cops. They're the only deterrent card we have right now.

[Coins]

I can't go to the cops. They'd never listen to me. What about Shade? Can't we get him to help out?

[Mrs. Smith]

I will do my best to notify him of the situation but I'm sure that he wasn't anticipating the time crunch that we're under right now. Going to the police might be the wrong turn of phrase anyway. Police adjacent is more like it.

COINS THINKS THINGS THROUGH FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS.

[Coins]

You're right. Let's go.

COINS AND MRS. SMITH LEAVE THE HOUSE IN MRS. SMITH'S CAR HEADING DOWNTOWN.

CUT TO: WEST CENTRAL BEDROCK DISTRICT

INT. ANGELWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING 

DRAY WALKS INTO THE SCHOOL AND NOTICES THE DOCUMENTARY CREW ARRIVING WITH FILMING EQUIPMENT. DRAY HOLDS THE DOOR OPEN FOR THE DOCUMENTARY CREW AND THEY WALK INTO THE SCHOOL.