Shade#313 (S15): Miner Mishap

PAGE 1 (FIVE PANELS)
Panel 1.

CUT TO: WEST BEDROCK

EXT. PIONEER'S BLUFF TRAIL - NIGHT

A TRIO OF MEN WALK WALK TOGETHER ON A PATH. THE ONLY SOURCE OF LIGHT IS THE MOON IN THE SKY ABOVE THEM AND THE DIM LIGHTS OF THEIR HATS. THEY WALK AS QUICKLY AS THEY WALK CAUTIOUSLY.

GILBERT: (BALLOON)

How sure are you about this info, Aspen?

ASPEN: (BALLOON)

Gilbert, will you chill? Do you really think I would have us out here in the middle of the night if I didn't know what I was talking about?

CURTIS: (BALLOON)

Wouldn't be the first time.

Panel 2.

ASPEN SHARPLY TURNS TO FACE CURTIS POINTING HIS INDEX FINGER AT CURTIS' CHEST AS IF IT WERE A DAGGER. CURTIS LOOKS AWAY WITH A DISMISSING AND EXACERBATED EXPRESSION

ASPEN: (BALLOON)

Shut it, Curtis! You're going to be able to put your kids through college because of me so I don't want to hear any of your trademark sass.

CURTIS: (BALLOON)

With your averaging, it's a surprise you haven't led us off a cliff.

Panel 3.

ASPEN TURNS AROUND SHRUGGING HIS SHOULDERS AND DEVELOPS A CHEEKY EXPRESSION. CURTIS GLARES AT ASPEN WITH AN INCREDULOUS EXPRESSION.

ASPEN: (BALLOON)

So, I was wrong once. Okay, maybe twice. It doesn't matter how often someone is wrong, it matters that most of the time their right. I can't be perfect all the time, Curt.

CURTIS: (BALLOON)

You're not right most of the time!

Panel 4.

TRANSITIONAL PANEL THAT SHOWS THE TRIO CONTINUING THEIR TREK THROUGH THE WOODS.

CURTIS: (BALLOON)

How much longer until we reach this place?

ASPEN: (BALLOON)

We're close.

CURTIS: (BALLOON)

Close isn't a unit of measurement.

ASPEN: (BALLOON)

We'll get there when we get there.

GILBERT: (BALLOON)

I can see something up ahead.

Panel 5.

THE TRIO STANDS IN FRONT OF THE MINE WITH DEVIOUS GRINS PLASTERED ACROSS THEIR FACES. THE MINE HAS A GRATE IN FRONT OF IT AND IS DIMLY LIT FROM THE LIGHTS ON THEIR HATS.

CURTIS: (BALLOON)

Finally!

GILBERT: (BALLOON)

Get the tools out boys. I don't want to be out here all night.

PAGE 2 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

ASPEN, GILBERT, AND CURTIS CUT THE BARS AWAY FROM THE GRATE USING TOOLS.

Panel 2.

HAVING CLEARED ENOUGH OF THE GRATE TO ENTER INTO THE MINE, THE TRIO ADVANCE AND INCREASE THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE LIGHTS FROM THEIR HELMETS.