Shade#323 (S15): Messenger

CUT TO: WEST DISTRICT

INT. MONEYMAN'S BEDROOM - MORNING

MONEYMAN WAKES UP IN HIS BED, YAWNS, AND THEN SNIFFS THE AIR.

[Moneyman]

Ah, the only smell better than money in the morning is breakfast.

MONEYMAN GETS OUT OF BED, PUTS ON A GREEN ROBE ALONG WITH SLIPPERS, AND WALKS INTO THE KITCHEN WHERE A WOMAN IS COOKING BREAKFAST.

[Moneyman]

Hmm, this is new.

[Unknown Woman]

The Walk of Shame isn't my thing. You gave me a good time last night, I figured that the best I could do was to give you some breakfast.

[Moneyman]

Well, I couldn't think of a more gorgeous sight. I'll put on some coffee.

MONEYMAN BEGINS TO MAKE SOME COFFEE WITH A LARGE INTRICATE COFFEE MACHINE.

[Unknown Woman]

So, what do you do for work?

[Moneyman]

It's complicated but the long and the short of it is that I help people make money and I take a cut of it. I find it's the best way to go about business.

[Unknown Woman]

I can concur. It's easy to give a girl a good time when you can buy out the bar.

[Moneyman]

It's even easier when money isn't an issue.

MONEYMAN'S PHONE BEGINS TO RING AND HE ANSWERS IT.

[Moneyman]

Talk to me. What?! No, say it again so that I know I heard you right. Fine, I'll be there as soon as I get finished with my breakfast.

MONEYMAN HANGS UP THE PHONE AND THE UNKNOWN WOMAN LOOKS AT HIM WITH A PUZZLED EXPRESSION.

[Unknown Woman]

Who was that?

[Moneyman]

One of my workers. There's some business I have to attend to.

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

EXT. WRIGHT AVE; UNDERGROUND GUN CACHE - MORNING

MONEYMAN MEETS WITH HIS MEN IN THE UNDERGROUND GUN CACHE AND FINDS THAT ALL OF THE GUNS ARE MISSING.

[Moneyman]

What kind of sick joke is this? Where did all the guns go? Where are the men who were guarding the place?

[Grunt#1]

That's what I'm trying to tell you, they're gone. We can't get in touch with them at all. We don't know where the guns are either.

[Moneyman]

Did you check the cameras?

[Grunt#1]

Yes, that's one of the first things we tried. They were taken out first.

[Moneyman]

So whoever we're dealing with knew about the cameras. They took out the men and they took the guns—! Shit, it's Shade. It has to be.

[Grunt#1]

I thought you said that Shade would never find out about this place.

[Moneyman]