CHAPTER 11

I had been here for just under two years now. Minho wouldn't let me run the maze on my own after what happened a few years ago so here we were returning from a days running to see that a new greenie had arrived.

"Go greet the new greenie I'll go map." He said as he ran off.

"Meet me at the bonfire?" I called out to him and he gave me a thumbs up.

I jogged over to a crowd of boys and they parted to reveal a young boy curled up into a ball sobbing his eyes out. I looked around at the other boys in confusion as I got on my knees. I only got shrugs in response so I turned back to the boy and  gently rested a hand on his shoulder.

The young boy looked up and saw me sitting in front of him with a hopefully comforting look on my face. The sobbing boy broke my heart because he only looked to be a little over twelve. I pulled hin into a tight hug and he didn't let go for a few minutes.

I waved aggressively at the surrounding boys to shew them away and they left after they got the hint. I rubbed the boys back as his sobbing slowed down and he soon pulled away.

"Hey greenie." I greeted as I brushed some hair out of his face and smiled.

"Where am I?" He choked out.

"We call it the glade." I replied calmly. "Do you remember your name yet?"

"N-no" he stuttered.

"It's okay, it's okay. You'll remember soon." I cooed as I helped him to his feet and Alby came up to us.

"Welcome to the glade greenie." Alby said as he slapped the boy on the back harshly. I pulled the boy behind my back and away from Alby as I slapped Alby's arm in a reprimanding manner.

"He's already got the klunk scared out of him, don't touch him." I said.

"Fine. You take him 'round the glade then. Give 'im the tour." Alby replied and I nodded in agreement.

"Wait Alby why haven't you given him the tour yet if he's been here all morning?" I questioned.

"He's been a shuck mess all mornin' since we pulled him outta the box hole. Your the first one to get him to say anything let alone actually move." He answered and I nodded then turned my attention back to the boy behind me.

"Let's go see frypan in the kitchen first." I offered as I began walking and he followed.

Once we arrived I walked into the kitchen and over to frypan.

"Looks like you got the greenie to move." He said as he waved at me before returning to a boiling pot of something.

"Yup. Can I get my secret stash for emergencies?" I requested and he gave me a suspicious look before he pulled out a plastic back from a cupboard and tossed it to me.

"Thanks." I said as I caught it and reached into the bag and pulled out a chocolate bar. "Don't tell anyone." I said in a whisper as I watched the boys face light up as he took it.

I tossed the bag back to frypan then pushed the boy out of the kitchen as I looked back and watched frypan give me a scowl of disapproval. I stuck my tongue out at him then walked out of view.

"Let's go eat this in the deadheads." I announced as I pointed at the thick trees in one corner of the glade.

"What're we eatin' in the deadheads?" Minho called out me as I turned to see him jogging towards us.

"Shh, I gave him chocolate. Don't tell anyone." I said to minho jokingly as he gave me a side hug and started walking beside us.

"Only if the greenie shares." He said.