CHAPTER 23

"come-on Margo I can't drag you out of bed all on my own. We have to go to testing." Rosie said as she shook me awake. Oddly I felt like I had already been awake for hours but I had just stayed there in bed.

"I'll stay here until someone actually drags me out of bed." I replied as I pulled a thin white sheet that couldn't possibly be keeping me warm, over my head.

"Minho's doing testing today." She said in a endearing voice and I threw the sheets off of me.

"Say no more." I shouted as I pulled out a familiar blue t-shirt and black cargo pants. I must have always worn this outfit because the rest of the clothes in my drawer were the exact same.

I walked down a hall into a lab. I looked around and suddenly felt like I was laying down. But I was standing. My eyes darted around trying to find Minho but instead I was met with a boys face that I had seen much more than I had talked to.

"Thomas." I greeted reluctantly.

"There prepping you today, just like Minho." He said sadly then walked away to a table and sat next to a girl. Teresa.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked as my heart skipped a beat and not in a good way.

I got no reply, instead I got a sharp pain in my neck that rattled my whole body to the point that I really did feel like I was laying down now.

I coughed violently as I inhaled some of my saliva causing me to choke. I looked around and I was in my room in the homestead. Minho was beside me rubbing his eyes as he sat up beside me.

"What happened baby?" He asked in a very attractive sleepy voice.

"Thomas is working with them. He said they were going to prep me for something. They said they had already done you earlier." I said quickly as tears were running down my face.

"It's alright just come here." He said as he pulled me onto his lap and held me close to him like he would never let go.

"There all right. Everyone in the changing saw it and is still seeing it. I'm loosing my shuck mind the longer I have these dreams." I said as I calmed down.

"No point in sleeping now. Let's go get ready and then we can hang out in the deadheads till we gotta get Thomas up." He suggested and I nodded climbing off his lap so he could leave to get changed.

Once I was in my outfit I stepped out of my room and saw Minho there waiting for me. I walked past him and he followed after but when we opened the homestead door and looked out we both gasped.

"Why is it all gray?" He asked stupidly.

"It looks like a blank screen." I said as I walked out with my neck arched so I was looking directly at the sky.

"Should we tell alby?" He asked and I laughed slightly.

"No bother tellin' him when he's just gonna see it when he wakes up. Let's just let everyone get their beauty sleep." I said as I walked in the direction of the deadheads.

Minho and I stayed in the deadheads a little past when we wanted to get Thomas up but when we came out to pack our lunches and eat breakfast Thomas was already up and ready.

"When did you guys wake up?" He asked through a mouth full of food.

"Couple hours ago." Minho answered.

"We've gotta hurry or we'll lose time out there. Seeing as the sky decided to have a pity party we don't know what to expect out in the maze." I said as I finished off my food and picked up my plate getting ready to frisbee it over to frypan who saw what I was doing and got ready.