200K Update

my darlings, hello!

so, either I haven't been paying close enough attention recently, or we hit 200k reads today!

regardless, that's an incredible milestone, and I want to celebrate it with you all - and we will! now, I recognize that much of that number came from the original story, which is fine. but I've been noticing the love the rewrite has been getting recently and it makes my heart so, so warm.

I wanted so badly to make this a story you can enjoy, and for it to reflect the kind of writer I am nowadays, and it makes me so happy to know that even some of you have been enjoying it. that being said, I do notice every single vote, and I read every single comment. so even if I don't reply, I'm seeing the love, don't worry! <3

now, for this update, I want to cover a few things. for big milestones, I typically write a special part. for my AoT stories, those have been easy: I cover holidays and have received lots of requests for Blue and White, and for LTNS I'm turning the concept of its forgotten sequel into the special for reaching 1M. but for this story... I don't have any ideas on what to write.

that's where I need some help.

you all know this story arguably better than I do - you've supported it for so long, even after I abandoned it. so, I leave the power in your hands. leave some ideas, and I'll sift through them and choose! if someone posts an idea you like, be sure to say that, and I'll take it all into consideration.

ideas can be as abstract as you like, or as detailed as you like. I'll try to match the ideas as best I can, and I might put some together!

so, that's that.

moving on, I had a few updates. I've decided I'll do for this story what I did for LTNS - and that's to leave the original version of the story up, and it will sit at the very end of the story. as the new version is posted, I'll draft the old, and those old chapters will only get republished once the new version is up and complete. I know that it still means a lot to people, so I won't get rid of it entirely.

also, I want you all to know that this story is definitely getting a lot longer, and so for as massive as Hyrule in the game is, I want to reiterate that the map in the story will not be a 1:1 recreation of the map in the game. locations will be used, and I've been referring to pictures and videos of the game to make sure my details are accurate, but I've stretched things and added others for the sake of the narrative.

I also want to warn you all that Link's recovered memories will not be revealed exactly in the places they are in the game. for the sake of where they are and what I want them to go through or talk about, I will switch around when and where Link receives them. the locations will be (mostly) accurate, but the memories will be switched around.

oh, and I also put my pre-order down for breath of the wild 2 yesterday. so.

also I have a master sword? and I need to mount it somehow. but anyway I have it.

so, thoughts on the rewritten version? I love it so far, and I am so excited for you all to read what I have in store for you. so please, comments, questions, concerns - I'll read them all.

rewriting this story has been such a wonderful treat, and the love I've received for it is nothing short of incredible, so I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for giving it a try and putting your trust in me.

much love,

your author, m.