2

Lauren sat on a bench with her skateboard beside her. The competition went well. Her team one but she couldn't help but think about the girl she'd spent her time with earlier. Camila was stuck on her mind and she didn't know why exactly.

Unknown number:

Hey is this Lauren?

4:36 pm

Lauren smiled and replied.

Lauren:

Yes this is her, this must be Camila...

4:37 pm

Camila:

Yeah, how'd your emergency go?

4:37 pm

Lauren:

It was alright. I had to fill in for someone during a skate competition. That's all.

4:38 pm

Camila:

Oh well, you left your key chain here...your dorm keys are on it. Do you want to meet Austin to get them? He said you live in the same dorm as him.

4:39 pm

Lauren:

Do you mind if I just come get them, I was in such a rush, it was rude of me to kind of just leave like that, maybe we could idk...watch a movie or something.

4:41 pm

Camila:

I'd love to, but I have homework to do, and my ankle is killing me so, I might take a pain killer and then I might get all loopy and I don't want you to have to be bored by me. But you can come get them, I was just trying to save you a walk.

4:43 pm

Lauren:

I'll ride I have my skateboard with me. be there in a bit.

4:44 pm

Lauren stood up and stepped on her board taking off. It was a little chilly. Not exactly what Lauren was used to coming from Miami. She did miss the warm weather. The humid air, and the beach, but home was like hell to her. At Lauren's high school graduation, as she walked the stage and grabbed her diploma she vowed to never step foot in Miami again. She basically cut off all connections with her friends back in Miami besides, Normani and Keana that is. She only talks to her sister. She resents her mother all together and well...she misses her father. Lauren's past was a brutal one. She wasn't an...average teenager. She grew up at the age of 14 to take care of her siblings. Chris and Taylor were considered precious cargo to Lauren. She often blames herself for many of the events that happened in her young age. She keeps in contact with Taylor. But she hasn't spoken to Chris in a while. She does regret not taking the offer at University of Miami, considering that would be the only way she would talk to her bestfriend and brother. At 15 Chris, her younger brother, passed due to a car accident that was fatal.

"Hey!" Normani's voice pulled Lauren from her thoughts. Lauren smiled awkwardly and waved to Normani. She stepped off her board and glanced down at her phone.

Camila:

You never told me your story by the way.

4:46 pm

"Hey, how's Bea?" Lauren questioned nervously looking around.

"Good...why so...jittery?" Normani questioned a little concerned.