5

Lauren woke up with a pain shooting through her arm. She bit her lip when she noticed Camila curled up beside her. She didn't want to wake the girl up. Even though she hadn't drank at the party last night was a blur. She just remembered she had a date with the girl beside her today. Or was it today. She doesn't remember. Lauren slowly moved her arm so she could get up. Camila stirred a bit but just moved making it slightly easier for Lauren to free herself. She got up and grabbed her phone looking at the hundred of text sent from Normani and the other girls. She read Normani's who was practically teasing her about leaving with Camila. Dinah text her about leaving with Camila. They all text her about leaving with Camila. She sighed and looked at the girl.

"Camz." Lauren mumbled looking at her. She was so cute when she was sleeping. Lauren decided not to wake her. Camila's hand gripped the sheets and she whimpered.

"Lo?" She mumbled sleepily.

"Yeah? I'm right here." Lauren spoke looking at her. She slowly opened her eyes and searched for Lauren. When she found her she frowned slightly.

"Come back." Camila sighed holding her arms open. Lauren chuckled and put her phone back down, sliding next to Camila

"What's today?" Lauren asked softly stroking Camila's head.

"Saturday..." Camila mumbled tiredly. Lauren jolted up and grabbed her phone. She heard Camila groan and she sat up too.

"Shit I have practice! Uh, I...we'll this...finish this later. Uh...fuck I forgot. I'll...text you or something." Lauren scrambled pulling the basketball shorts off and pulling her own pants back on. She slipped her shoes on and threw open the door and ran out. She sprinted across campus jumping over people benches and hedges. Lauren used to run track and did hurdles. Thanks to that, she easily made it back to her dorm. Completely out of breath and up to her dorm. Keana was just getting ready to go. Lauren ran into the bathroom washing her face pulling her hair up. She sighed and walked out the bathroom pulling on her practice jersey and basket shorts. She added her Nike socks and grabbed her basketball bag. She followed Keana out the door and they walked in silence for a bit.

"How was Camila?" Keana asked smirking.

"We just slept. She didn't want me to come back alone so she asked me to stay. That's all that happened." Lauren mumbled looking at her.

"What's your issue?" Keana asked.

"I kind of ran out on her a few minutes ago. Also, I don't want to face coach or Jessica today so." Lauren shrugged. Keana nodded curtly and they kept walking. The walk wasn't extremely long but Lauren was ready to just be done already.

"Alright ladies huddle up. The scrimmage last week was good, we pulled a win...this next scrimmage I'm hoping to have everyone," she glance at Lauren, "to attended wether you play or not. Now take a lap and my guards start ball handling. Jessica set up the gun and my post players start lay up lines. Lauren stay here for a second." Coach Kesler spoke. The team broke down and Lauren looked at her. She involuntarily grabbed the water bottle rack. Causing Coach Kesler to chuckle taking it from her and setting it down.

"I'm not always going to make you do work like that. Listen, I know what you did to Jessica was out of self defense for yourself and your family. If you can show me some improvement yourself with her then you'll play next scrimmage. This practice you two are partners for everything. I talked to her already. Go get on the gun with her. When you get over there tell her I said to get the ball do movement before shooting. Do that 30 times then come to me." Coach Kesler pat Lauren's shoulder and the girl made her way over to Jessica.

"Hey...Coach said that she wants us to do movement before we shoot and then after we've done thirty reps go to her." Lauren informed. Jessica scoffed and started the gun. Lauren caught the first ball that came out doing a double cross over before shooting. Jessica caught the next ball doing a behind the back before shooting. Lauren got the next ball and did a hesitation move before letting the ball fly. Sadly it soon became a competition between the two who had the best move and the most shots. Lauren was satisfied Jessica let the little challenge between them get to her head as she missed shot after shot. Lauren made every single shot except one. After the last shot was made Jessica turned off the gun and grabbed a ball out for herself and threw one Lauren's way. The point guard rolled her eyes and walked over to coach.