14

trigger warning

It was back to back non stop games for Lauren and her game had never been so off. Coach was forced to give her a few days off to get her mind straight. Lauren sat in the middle of the gym floor, it was about 2:30 pm. Her team was in Ohio playing OSU. She laid back on her back. Maybe her mom was right. Maybe she did need help. Maybe Lauren was right about herself. Maybe she was really crazy. Lauren slammed her hands on the ground and let out a frustrated groan. She got up and picked up the basketball she had next to her. She punted it and it hit the wall and landed in the bleachers somewhere. She looked up and frowned.

"The fuck you make me like this for huh? I'm fucking phsyco." She huffed and started pacing. She froze when the gym doors opened.

"I thought you'd be in here." Camila mumbled.

"Yeah, hey..." Lauren said softly. She walked over to the middle of the gym floor taking a seat again. Camila joined her and looked at Lauren's eyes.

"What are you thinking right now?" Camila asked softly grabbing Lauren's hands.

"Why am I here?" Lauren sighed looking at Camila. "I feel so hopeless. So, broken like I don't belong here anymore. You're the only person that loves me. A few days ago, I had another episode and I just went off on Normani she kept pressing the question about my mother. I couldn't take it. I hate feeling so depressed all the time now. It's like every other day I'm up and down. I hate life I love life too much. I don't deserve life. I'm such a bitch, to my mom, my friends. You.... I love you for putting up with me but itd make me happier if you found someone better. I don't deserve you. I don't. You don't deserve to put up with me."

"Lauren don't say that. Please, I want to put up with all your shit. You know why, because I love you. No matter what. This is just another test in our relationship ok. I promise it's going to be me and you all the way to the end. We're going to get you better ok? You're meds are still settling in. These crazy episodes are just side effects. You know the doctor told me that these pills could make you push me away. That's the one side effect I'm glad hasn't happened yet but when it does, and knowing you you're going to try and fight it, please don't. Save yourself the stress, I'll be ok, I'll be fine. Alright?" Camila asked running her thumb over Lauren's knuckles. Lauren nodded.

Soon enough that side effect came and it was worse than Camila expected. Camila was now sitting with Dinah in the student lounge of their dorm sighing heavily thinking about what happened.

Lauren had asked Camila to come over, before everything happened. Lauren was fine and she needed to see her girlfriend. Camila gladly expected the invitation and after class made her way right over to Lauren's. Camila and Lauren had laid together for a while in a sweet silence when Camila's eyes landed on Lauren's pill bottle.

"How are you managing taking the pills?" Camila asked softly.

"Good I guess." Lauren shrugging.

"You take them today?" Camila questioned again. Lauren huffed and nodded. "Ok. Just asking. You know I care about you right?"

"Shut up. Please." Lauren mumbled getting up huffing.

"Hey...what's going on with you?" Camila asked concerned at her sudden behavior.

"Stop asking me so many damn questions. Seriously," Lauren spat looking at her.

"I just want to help and make sure you're ok." Camila sighed annoyed of this already.

"I don't need your fucking help Camila!" Lauren yelled. Camila scoffed and didn't bother saying anything. She grabbed her stuff and left. Lauren watched the door close and she groaned pushing everything off her desk. She grabbed her pill bottles and walked into the bathroom.