23

Lauren didn't know what to think at this point. She tried to play it over in her mind of how the hell it could have even been the girl she called her bestfriend. It felt like she'd been thinking for hours and hours.

"Lauren...the team is going out and you have to come." Normani sighed looking at her friend. Lauren's green eyes followed Normani all the way over to her bed, she'd been wearing a smug look all night after she finally got on the bus.

"And stop looking like you're going to hurt someone. It happened it was bound to. Just be glad it did Lauren." Normani sighed pulling her hoodie over her head. Lauren shook her head and sighed.

"Why did she lie to me...she let me suffer for god knows how long. My ex best friend killed my bestfriend. When you hear the story it sounds accidentally until you get to the part where she fucking left. Sounds like a bunch of teens doing illegal teen shit until one gets hurt. And no one there to help him. I don't know if I should be happy she's locked up. Pissed off she played and toyed with my emotions. Or sad that she's gone and that she's the reason he's dead. I don't know what to feel. I can't cry. I can't scream. I can only talk and even now, I sound monotone." Lauren explained putting her hands over her face sighing.

"Listen, I'm just glad you don't hate me for knowing for so long. Once my dad told me it was Keana I wanted to kick her ass. I really did. But you'd ask me why I did and then I'd have to make up some fake shit story about some bullshit. Second, don't let this affect your right now, because you know if you really let it get to you, then you won't be able to have fun later on in your life. Because you'll be casted with a burden for so long. So please come on get dressed and go out with the team. Celebrate our win and your brothers justice." Normani held her hand out and Lauren sighed taking it and getting up to get dressed.

"I'll be waiting for you in the lobby alright?" Normani punched her arm lightly smiling before leaving the room. Camila slid through after Normani.

"How are you?" Camila asked softly looking at her girlfriend picking out a clean shirt.

"I don't know how I feel but Normani's speech got to me." Lauren shrugged pulling her tank top off and pulling her shirt on. It had JAUREGUI across the back and Camila smiled.

"Good, I'm glad you're coming. Not just because you'll be there but because I forgot a jacket...and I don't want to be cold." Camila smiled when Lauren handed her, her royal blue basketball warm up jacket. It was a little bit big on her but it was warm. Lauren pulled some nike joggers on and looked at Camila.

"Ready." Lauren shrugged looking at her.

"Cheer up babe." Camila sighed grabbed her hand.

"I'm good I'm all good. Seriously." They walked out and met the team in the lobby. The loaded up the bus and went to Golden Corral.

-

"Hey, a few of us are going to go up to the roof when we get back to the hotel come with?" Normani said looking at Lauren and Camila.

"Sure." Camila smiled looking at Lauren.

"I'm fine with that." Lauren shrugged. Normani pat her shoulder and smiled. The team fell back into conversation, Camila leaned into Lauren with their hands together.
---
Normani, Dinah, and Zendaya where on the roof with Lauren and Camila. It seemed like only the freshman where up on the roof and Lauren was ok with that. Lauren did have to admit it was a little weird not having Keana around but she was glad to see her brother get justice.

"I bought a speaker." Dinah smiled connecting her phone and playing a few songs. Normani was the oldest amongst them and decided to run by the convenience store to get a little something.