𝚝𝚠𝚘

TW// cussing, fight, blood, broken bone, war and bomb shelter mentions
I think that's it?

Techno's POV

I nearly dropped to my knees in agony. My poor break room, a hood blasted through it for the third time in a month. Why, gods? Why is it always my precious break room? And I just mopped in there, too! What the heck?!

Dust and smoke admitted from the large hole in the wall as some bricks fell.

I saw a figure with large wings behind the thick dust, that could only be one person, and that's Crow.

Oh, yeah, speaking of his wings. People who become heroes are typically born with some non-human feature. Crow probably wouldn't be a hero if he wasn't born with his wings, just like how Duck probably wouldn't be a hero of he wasn't born with his wings, though they are much smaller, and I wouldn't consider Duck to be a hero. More of a vigilante; in the middle of both sides, but still mostly working with the heroes.

I as well was born with some non-human features. I have some pig characteristics, but the whole hero thing sounds like a total thumbs down to me. I'd rather live life on the edge than sitting pretty in a mansion with someone to care to my every need and want.

Wilbur is just a human, and Fundy has fox features.

"Tec- I mean- Blade!" Wilbur's voice yelled. We don't call each other by our first names when heroes are around. "Soot." I replied, looking over to see him running down the hall towards me. "Why are you calm?! Fuckin- We gotta go!" He said, tugging on my arm.

"Correction, you've gotta go. Go make sure 'metal leg' is ok, you can't fight, I can." I said. Our code name for Fundy is 'metal leg' because of his prosthetic. Don't worry, we're not mean, he came up with it himself. He wants us to call him metal leg for his code name!

"I hear him in there! I'm going in!" Crow's voice yelled like he was talking into a radio or something.

"What? No, come on you dumbass!" Wilbur said to my statement, "You wanna die or something?" He asked. I rolled my eyes at him. "No. Then I would be unemployed." I said. Wilbur scoffed, letting go of my arm. "You find humor in such bad situations, Blade."

He then ran off, I hope to go to Fundy and not get weapons or something. I'm very capable on my own with my broom.

I then snapped back when I was thrown into a wall by Crow. With first instinct, I jabbed the stick of my broom into his side. I know that hurts, Fundy did it to me before while making me play 'knights and princesses' with him and Wilbur. Wilbur was a princess, Fundy was a knight saving Wilbur, and I was the bad guy that trapped Wilbur in the top of a tower. This was quite a few years ago when Fundy was much much younger.

I'd kicked Crow's butt before, three times to be exact, so I could do it again. Though, this was the first time my face was showing. I usually was wearing a gas mask due to just cleaning up a huge spill, but this time I wasn't, so now he knows what I look like.

He was tough, but as he was tough, he was also old, and I am young. Who do you think is gonna win this? Place your bets now, because your running out of time.

Ding, ding, ding!

And the win goes to me!

I had a few new scratches to my arms and my nose was bleeding, and I think my eye was swollen. Crow was definitely worse, though. His face was beat, he was holding his stomach in pain, I think I broke a bone in his left wing, and there were large black feathers on the floor.

"The damage you can do with a room, huh." He laughed under his breath, wiping blood from his mouth. "I'll fucking be back." He said.

He then flew through the blasted hole, struggling to stay airborne. I definitely broke a few wing bones.

I waited, making sure everything was actually ok before going down the hallway towards Fundy's room where I hoped they'd both be. When I entered, I heard a gasp from inside of the closet. I went that way, opening the closet door.

I sat down, tapping on the wooden hatch in the floor that lead to Fundy's safe room.

"It's just me, the mean people are gone now, Fundy. I scared them away." I said. A second later, the hatch opened, revealing Wilbur. "Thank fuck." He exhaled. "Come on, Fundy, it's safe." He then said, looking down the ladder into the concrete room that was decorated to not seem like a bomb shelter.

Wilbur hoped out of the hole, helping Fundy up.

"You scared me to death, Mister Blade! Don't open my door so slow like that!" Fundy pushed my arm. "Techno, but I'm sorry, Fundy, I'll do better next time." I replied. "I don't want there to be a next time. Why can those mean, so-called heroes leave papa alone? Heroes protect people, not blast holes in their homes and beat them to pulps." He said. "Fundy, you know what I do here isn't legal." Wilbur said.

Fundy rolled his eyes.

"It's not like you're hurting anyone." He mumbled.

"Yes, I know I'm not, but experimenting with chemicals and making bombs and radioactive war fluids isn't legal, like- anywhere." Wilbur said. "Then why do you do it?" Fundy asked. "Because you know how your dad is. Lives for the thrill." I grinned.

"I wanna live for the thrill just like you both!" Fundy bounced, smiling. "No, you, my child, are going to actually make it through school and be successful. You shouldn't turn out a mess like I am." Wilbur pinched Fundy's face. "That's silly, papa. I'm gonna be a scientist just like you!" "And you're going to do it legally." "Fineeee, whatever." Fundy huffed.

"Now get to bed. It's late." Wilbur said, nudging Fundy towards his bed. "But I'm not tired!" He whined. "You will be if you just lay down and close your eyes." "That's not how that works, papa."

"I can read to you until you fall asleep." I offered. "No, you've had a long day, you go home." Wilbur replied. "No, no! I don't care. My sleep schedule is jacked anyways." I laughed. "Oh, please? I'll go to bed on time very night this week!" Fundy said. Wilbur exhaled. "Fine."

Wilbur got Fundy into his bed and told him goodnight before leaving.

Then, before I could even pick up a book, Fundy was out cold, so I left.

Words: 1,145