𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

TW// cussing, hospital, doctor, injuries

Techno's POV

There was a knock at the door before it opened, revealing the doctor that lead us into Fundy's room. He told us that we could leave at any moment, and that Wilbur just had to sign some papers before leaving.

As Wilbur went through the small amount of stapled together papers, I sat on the edge of Fundy's bed, watching him silently play on my phone to keep him occupied. Phil seemed to be texting on his phone.

"Did my leg break when the roof collapsed?" Fundy asked suddenly, breaking the silence. He looked up from the phone at me. "I mean, I don't have it on right now, so..." "Uh, yeah, it broke." I nodded. "So...how will I get around?" He asked.

"I'll just make you a new one, bud." Wilbur said, still reading through one of the papers. Fundy nodded. "Can't we just buy him one?" Phil asked. Wilbur shook his head. "Too expensive. Plus, I have everything I need to make another. It's basically free." He said.

"If it's too expensive, I can buy it." Phil offered. Wilbur looked up from the papers he was reading. "No. He's my son, I'm responsible for his medical care, not you." Phil nodded.

Wilbur looked back down, shortly writing on the last paper before standing up.

"I'm gonna go find a doctor to give these to and then we can leave." He said to Fundy, who nodded. Wilbur then left the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Are we gonna go back home later? To see if we can recover anything?" Fundy asked. "Yeah, I guess so. You probably won't find much, though. It's a bit of a mess." I lightly chuckled. Fundy nodded. "Will we live downstairs? Is the downstairs even standing?" I nodded. "Yes, the downstairs is fine. I guess that's where you'll live, because your dad won't let me let you two live with me." I laughed.

Fundy looked down for a moment.

"I didn't wanna say anything in front of papa because I didn't wanna worry him, but I can't hear out of my left ear very well. And my whole flipping body hurts, too." He said. "We know, that's because of the loud explosion. And your body hurts because you had a bookshelf on top of you." I said. "Oh."

Fundy's POV

It was pretty silent. None of us spoke, and a few times, I had to remind myself to breathe. My tail hurt, so I figured it had gotten injured or something when the roof collapsed.

"So how old are you?" The hero guy suddenly asked. I looked up at him for a moment before replying. "Eleven." I said. He nodded. "You in school?" I shook my head. "Papa homeschools me. He said it's to keep me safer." I said. "So do you have any friends?" "Mhm! Two. Nikki and Eret. I met them at the park a few years ago."

He nodded.

"Wait- so what's your name?" I asked. "Phil." "And you have a kid too?" I asked. He nodded. "What's their name?" "His name is Tommy. He's nine."

"Can I meet him?" I asked. "I don't see why not. I think that's up to your father, though. Do you think he'd let you both live with me until you can get your home back?" I shrugged. "Probably not. He's really protective and doesn't trust people much." I replied.

Then there was a knock on the door and papa walked back in.

Techno's POV

Wilbur walked in, exhaling.

"I asked someone how much prosthetic legs can cost. Those things can be up to fifty-eight thousand pounds! That's- Who the hell can afford that?!" He scoffed, rolling his eyes as he shook his head, his arms folded across his chest. "I'm definitely making you one on my own." He added.

Fundy nodded.

"Well, we can leave now. Uhm...god, how are we gonna get you home?" Wilbur exhaled, thinking. "Since your home is kinda, well, dead," Phil said, "Would you like to come live with me for a while?" He asked.

Wilbur looked at Phil like he was crazy.

"You want me, a villain, to live with you and your hero buddies in your fucking penthouse? That's a damn trap if I've ever seen one." He laughed. "No, it isn't. I'm offering you shelter. And me and my 'hero buddies' aren't gonna do anything. You'll be a hell of a lot safer there than you will be in your half destroyed home."

Wilbur exhaled.

"I think you should accept his offer, Wilbur. If you're not gonna stay at mine, you should stay at his. If something happens, call me. I can kick ass." I said.

Wilbur glanced at Fundy for a moment, who just sat silently picking at his nails.

"He'll be safe as well." Phil said. Wilbur looked over at him for a few seconds, then exhaling. "Fine. I- I accept your offer...Thank you." He said. Phil nodded with a smile. "My pleasure." "But- But I do need to go and-"

I cut Wilbur off.

"I'll go retrieve anything I can find for you both. Clothes, books, doesn't matter, I'll bring it. You two go back to wherever fancy place he lives. I'll take care of your things." I said. "No, no, you don't have to do that, Tech." Wilbur said. "But I will. It's getting late, and your probably exhausted." I replied. Wilbur thought for a moment. "Fine. Thank you." "Anytime."

"I'll go call a cab. That way, we just have to worry about getting him outside and not all the way through town." Phil said, standing up and pulling out his phone, then leaving the room.

We sat in silence for about two minutes before Phil returned. Then, the four of us left the hospital, me basically carrying Fundy out to the cab. Wilbur was hesitant to get in with Phil, and even more hesitant to let Fundy into the car, but he did, and then they left, and I walked down the street in the opposite direction towards the half destroyed house to recover anything I could find.

Words: 1,030