𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

TW// cussing, arguing, yelling, talk of being kidnapped, hospital-like environment, drugs mentions, parent issues
I think that's all?

Wilbur's POV

Then, some beeps admitted from Shroud's speaker, and he left without saying anything.

-

"Should we be worried about that?" Techno asked. "That's what alerts Shroud when a patient presses their help button," Phil said, "And Fundy is the only patient who is actually in his room." He looked at Techno.

"Oh, god, I forgot that I told him I'd be right back last night!" I gasped, standing up. I went around the sofa to leave. "I'll be here," Techno said, tossing his hand up to wave, "Not in the mood to stand up unless there's an emergency." He sighed.

I left to Fundy's room, or, curtain area. When I pulled back the curtain, I saw Shroud perched in front of Fundy who sat up on his bed, looking perfectly fine.

He smiled at me.

"What happened to being right back?" He asked, it sounded sarcastic. "I'm so sorry, bud, I got my own injures over there and then I just...I'm sorry." I frowned. He nodded. "Eh, it's fine, I went to sleep anyways." He said. "I would've came to get you but..." He motioned to his missing leg.

"I will scan you now." Shroud said.

"Huh?"

"Scan complete."

Fundy looked at me, an eyebrow raised in confusion.

"Fundy, your minor injuries are ninety-four percent healed, and the IV has seemed to restore your nourishment almost completely. Would you like to stay here, or continue your life in the Hero Headquarters?" Shroud asked. "Uh...well I can't exactly walk out of here." Fundy said.

Shroud looked down at Fundy's leg and a half, then back up to his face.

"I see. Would you like me to bring you a prosthetic?" He asked. "How many prosthetics do you guys have here?" "Is that a yes?" "Yeah." Fundy nodded. "I will return shortly."

Shroud then left, and I stood quietly.

"So...what'd you get hurt with?" Fundy asked. He sounded...more mature. Like a teen, though he's only eleven. He spoke more smoothly, more steadily. Like an adult making small talk. That place really fucked him up, huh. He seems like if he talks informally, he'll explode.

"I just...y'know, got a bit roughed up. A little hand-to-hand fight never hurt," I said, "Or...gun to hands, I suppose," I mumbled. "Huh?" Fundy questioned. "Nothing, don't worry about it. I just, got a couple internal injuries." I nodded to myself. "Ah." Fundy nodded.

It was weirdly silent. Like a tension was in the air that I had never felt with my own son. A tension that could topple an empire. A tension of...almost uncomfortableness.

"I am back!" Shroud announced. "By scanning you, I found that this is the perfect size." He handed Fundy a prosthetic that looked the exact same to the one he had just lost. "Thanks." Fundy took it from him, proceeding to start putting it on.

Shroud looked at me, and then Fundy, and then back at me.

"I'm picking up on some stress levels from the both of you, more from Fundy. Are you both alright?" He asked. "Fine, thanks." Fundy huffed, securing the leg.

"Bud, what's up? Talk to me, what's wrong?" I asked. "I dunno, pa! Maybe that I'm in a slightly venerable state at the moment and I'm afraid for my life? Maybe because I was kidnapped for a week and ever since I was saved, all I've heard and seen is injuries and doctors and nightmares and blood and more injuries?" Fundy exclaimed, glaring at me.