𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

TW// cussing, talk of death, panicking, talk of being kidnapped, talk of being brainwashed, talk of explosions
I think that's all?

Techno's POV
the next day

I was in my break room, fixing the massive hole in the wall. I think I can do pretty much anything. Clean, fix, build, cook; you name it, I can probably do it. Not to brag, though.

...

Oh, heck. Yes, I'm bragging. You caught me, congrats! Look at how smart you are! Do you want a heckin' medal?

Anyways, as I was laying the brick, I was tired, so I decided to take a short break. Too bad my break room is busted. Poor thing. Since my precious break room is currently under construction, I decided to go see what Wilbur was doing.

I dusted off my hands and got up, popping my back. I walked down the halls towards where Wilbur is most of the time. The way this building is made, is the upstairs is like a normal home where they sleep and stuff, but the downstairs/ground level is the lab. You wouldn't even think you were in the same building if you had closed your eyes and was transported from one level to the next.

As I neared the room, I could see Wilbur pacing from inside the small, rectangular windows in the two doors. He paces when he's having one of his bad days, but he didn't seem to be like that. He just seemed like he was a little on edge.

I knocked at the door before entering.

"Hey, boss, you good?" I asked. "Hm? O-Oh, uh- yeah. I'm- I'm fine." He replied. "Well, you're obviously not. What happened?" I exhaled.

"I'm just nervous about Fundy. He- He's eleven for Christ's sake! He shouldn't be around all of this shit. Yesterday, he said he wants to be like me. He can't turn into me, I'm a damn mess. And- And it's dangerous here anyways. There's plenty of toxic fumes that could kill him, and you know how dangerous those animals- or- creatures are! You've had to deal with them a couple of times, I know that must be hell. I- I didn't even make them! My cat was being a dumbass and knocked a vile off the table and then licked it all up and turned into whatever that monster in there is considered! God, cats are so stupid! I don't even remember how the other two came to be!" Wilbur went on and on.

He tends to talk fast and ramble when he's nervous.

"-and then there's heroes trying to get in here all the time, and what if they don't blast through your break room but through Fundy's room? Especially if he's in there! Then- Then what? Is he dead? Will he just loose a second limb? He already gets picked on because of his leg!" Wilbur said as I could tell he was holding back tears. "But what if they actually manage to get all the way in and see him? What if they think I've fucking kidnapped him? And- And then take him and shrug it off that he's brainwashed when he wants to come back? I don't wanna loose Fundy, Techno. He's my son!"

Then Wilbur stopped talking from few seconds, so I figured he was finished and began to reply.

"Boss, I...I understand your worry for Fundy, but, he's ok. He'll be safe. Nothings gonna happen to him, I promise. I'll make sure of it. Yeah, heroes are always on our tails, but have they ever busted through the upper level of this place? No, they haven't. Plus, Fundy's room is near the front of the upstairs, and they always come in through the back, so I'm pretty sure he's ok." I said.

Wilbur exhaled, looking down to the floor.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." He said. "I'm always right." I nudged his arm. He rolled his eyes.

"And yes, cats are stupid." I agreed with his past statement, causing him to laugh. "God, why are you such a fucking therapist?" He asked jokingly. "Just another specialty of mine, boss." I replied.

"When are you just gonna call me Wilbur like I've told you to?" He asked. "When your kid finally starts calling me Techno and not Mister Blade." I said, walking towards the doors in the room. I heard Wilbur laugh under his breath.

"What do you say I take Fundy out fro a while, huh? Just him and I, maybe get him some ice cream." I suggested. "Oh, no, I don't wanna make you do that." He replied. "I'm nearly done with the wall, and this place doesn't need to be cleaned for another six hundred years, so I'm free unless you need me to fix something."

Wilbur thought for a moment.

"Alright, you can take him out. I think he'd like that, he doesn't get out much." He said. I nodded and went to leave. "Oh, Techno," Wilbur said, making me look back, "thanks for...y'know...practicality everything you've done. You're a good friend." He said.

To say my heart wasn't warmed would be a lie, because it was very warmed.

I just tossed a short smile to Wilbur.

"I'm just your janitor, boss." I nodded, now actually leaving.

I went back and finished the wall after about another hour and a half, and then went upstairs to Fundy's room.

"Hey, Fundy?" I knocked. "Yes, Mister Blade?" He replied. "Wanna go get some ice cream?" I heard Fundy gasp. "Hell yeah!" He yelled as I heard the floor creaking right before the door swung open.

"Ok, well, you aren't going in socked feet. Put your shoes on." I said.

Fundy grabbed his shoes, sliding them on, and then we left to go walk around town.

Words: 970