𝚜𝚒𝚡

TW// cussing, talk of dead parents and trauma, panic attack, crying, hyperventilating
I think that's it?

Techno's POV
like a week later

It was my day off, but Fundy made Wilbur call me because he wanted us to have a movie night. Fundy picked the movie and wouldn't tell us what it was. By the sound of the music at the beginning, it sounded like it was going to be a action/thriller movie.

"Fundy, this isn't something too intense for you to be watching, is it?" Wilbur asked. "What? Psh- no? Since when do you care what movies I watch?" Fundy replied. Wilbur didn't reply.

I don't think Wilbur was working about it being too much for Fundy. I think he was worried that it was too much for himself. Just by the way he acted, that's what my observation was. I dunno, Wilbur just doesn't seem to do well in loud and/or stressful situations. That's why he tries to get me to run with him whenever the heroes attack. Because he doesn't want to be around it all, and doesn't want me to be either.

The movie was very action-packed. I think it was a movie made after one of the comic books Fundy owns. Fundy said he had seen the movie many times before, but that he wanted us to see it as well. Why me? I dunno.

The movie was near the end and it was flashing back to the main characters angsty past. It was like a Batman movie. Main character has a tragic past and dead parents. The movie actually showed the characters parents dying, which I thought was a bit much for whats supposed to be a movie for kids and teens.

When the movie was over, I looked over, seeing Wilbur looked almost sick.

"You ok?" I asked quietly. He nodded shakily. "That- That was a good movie, Fundy, I- I gotta go do s-something now." He said, standing up, quickly leaving.

Fundy, being an oblivious child, didn't notice how Wilbur was off.

"Hey, I'm gonna go use the restroom, kiddo." I said, standing, and leaving.

I jogged down the halls, listening for Wilbur. I passed one of the downstairs restrooms, hearing what sounded like hyperventilating from inside. I knocked on the door, not getting an answer. I went to turn the handle, finding it to be locked.

"Wilbur, unlock the door." I said. Wilbur's breathing became more staggered and I then noticed his heavy sobs. I pulled my lovely janitor keys out of my pocket, found the one for this door (because I have a key for nearly every door in this building) and turned it in the lock.

I opened the door, seeing Wilbur sitting in the floor against the wall with his knees pulled to his chest and his hands gripped in his hair. He rocked back and fourth slightly as he sobbed. I shut the door back behind me and went over, dropping to my knees in front of Wilbur.

"Hey, hey, calm down, Wilbur. It's alright." I said, taking his hands away from his hair, holding them in mine. "You need to calm down, ok? You aren't breathing. Here, breathe with me. In..." I mimicked dramatically, "and out..."

I did this with him for a minute or two before he was breathing normally again. Some tears still ran out of his eyes, but they were subsided mostly. I reached up, wiping the majority of the tears off of his face with my sleeve.

"You ok now?" I asked. He nodded, clearing his throat. "Y-Yeah...I'm- I'm sorry." He said. "Don't apologize, it's ok."

It was quiet for a moment as he took deep breaths, calming himself.

"Thank- Thank you, Techno." He said. "Of course, Wilbur." I slightly smiled, patting his knee.

I looked at him for a moment before sitting next to him against the wall.

"Do you...what to tell me what the heck happened?" I asked, slightly laughing in attempt to lighten the mood. "I guess that scene with that characters parents dying just got to me...for some reason." He shifted slightly. "Does...Does that have something to do with why you get all panicky sometimes? When you have your bad days?" I asked.

He looked over at me; his face was red and puffy. He stared into my eyes with his glossy ones for a few seconds before his eyes fell to the floor as he nodded.

"Did...Did you loose your parents?" I asked. He nodded again. "I-I was little. Probably Fundy's age, I think. I don't remember much of it, I've kind of block it out, but I watched them get shot. That was- That was rough." He said.

"Oh, Wilbur, I'm so sorry." I covered my mouth slightly. "Yeah, that's why I don't like when death is mentioned or when someone mentions something about my childhood or something." He nodded to himself.

"But look where I am now! I'm- I'm half crazy, but everything I own, I got it myself. I built up everything I have from dirt. My kick start was when I met Alex- or- 'Duck' as you know him better. I lived with him for a while before he left me, but having that shelter for a little while is what got me going. So, I thank him, but I hate him." Wilbur laughed under his breath.

"Well, for one, you're not half crazy." I nudged his arm, "But I am so sorry that happened." I said. He shrugged, "I guess I just have a history of being left on my own."

I thought for a moment before leaning over, giving him a hug. He accepted it rather quickly, like he was starving for it.

"What do you say the two of us have some bro time tomorrow. Bring Fundy along." I suggested. "And risk getting offed by heroes? I'll pass." He chuckled, shaking his head. "No, I won't let that happen."

He looked at me for a moment, then smiling.

"Sure. That'd be fun."

Words: 1,015