𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

TW// cussing, hospital, doctors, talk of broken bones, talk of kidnapping
I think that's all?

Wilbur's POV

"You...have a kid." The voice of the man who was holding me said. I looked over, now actually seeing what he looks like. He wore the same pants and shoes as the other two, and a green hoodie with a black under shirt. He also had a round smiley mask that rested on the side of his head.

I nodded.

"Yeah, I do." I replied, clearing my throat. "God, you assholes blew up my home! Where the hell do you want me to live now?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "You can live-" I cut Techno off. "No, Tech, I won't bother you with that. You've done enough for me. I'll figure something out. We can sleep in your break room if we have to." I said.

"I give you my consent to sleep in my precious break room." Techno said. I rolled my eyes, laughing slightly. "Whatever."

"We can't arrest him, Dream." The one with a blue crop top said. "He- He has a kid, and- and it's not like he's hurting anyone." "404, he's a criminal." Dream said. "Fuck that, Dream! Do you want to rip a child from his only parent?" "You don't know if he has a mom or not!"

"He doesn't." I said. "Excuse me?" Dream asked. "He- He doesn't have a mum. I've never been in a relationship." "So what, you kidnap the poor boy?" Dream tilted his head.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I'm not a monster. No, I didn't fucking kidnap him. I found him almost starved to death in an alleyway when he was like eight. I saved his goddamn life." I said, getting angry. How dare someone accuse me of kidnapping Fundy. "And for you information, I legally adopted him a few months after that. So legally, he is my son."

It was quiet for a moment.

I exhaled.

"Tech, if something happens to me, you'll take care of him, right?" I asked. "Am I allowed to do that? I mean, we aren't related, won't he get put into the system?" Techno asked.

"I made you his godfather."

The look on Techno's face when I said this was a mixture of shock and heart-warmth.

"You...You did?" He asked. I nodded. "Why me?" "Because you're all I have. You're all he has. You're practically his uncle." I laughed.

"Nothing is gonna happen to you, uh, Soot." Crow said, questioning my name. "This is my town. You're not getting arrested by people that don't even live around here." He said. I nodded.

"You three better scat. Get out of my town before I make you. I should arrest you for this mess." Crow said.

Dream rolled his eyes, sliding his mask over his face, leaving.

"I'm so sorry about all of this. I didn't want to come here." The one in a blue top, 404, said. "You're fine, George, just go. You too, Pandas."

The two then left as well.

"We should get him to a hospital. Who knows how much smoke is in his lungs, and his leg is probably broke." Techno said.

I looked down, smiling at the passed out fox boy in my arms.

"Yeah, we should." I said.

Time skip

We were sitting in the waiting room of the hospital; Techno, Crow, and I.

A doctor emerged from around the corner, walking our way. I stood up to speak with him.

"How is he?" I asked. "Stable. Awake. He inhaled a lot of smoke and dust during the explosion, so if he seems like he's having trouble breathing at any point, we just give him a n oxygen mask for a minute until he's alright. There's one in his room." He said. I nodded. "You said he was trapped under a bookshelf by his legs and had part of the roof collapsed on him?" He asked. "Yes, sir." I nodded.

"Right. That caused him two broken ribs and he has some internal bruising. The bruising will heal, but you just have to keep him inactive for a week or two so his ribs can heal. His left ear was bleeding due to the loud explosion so close to him, so he may not hear as good in that ear from now on. During the collapse, his tail was crushed, so it's broken and will take a few weeks to heal." He said. I nodded, writing this all down in my mind.

"Other than that, he's alright. I can take you to his room if you'd like." He offered. "I'd like that a lot." I slightly laughed.

He led the three of us into an elevator to the third floor of the hospital. Crow was just kind of there incase we needed something, I guess. At least that's what he said. Maybe he cares, I dunno.

The doctor knocked at the door of a room before opening it.

"Your dad is here." He said to Fundy, who coughed before spitting out a reply. "He can come in?" Fundy asked. The doctor pushed open the door and I slid into the room, Techno and Crow following behind me.

When Fundy saw me, he looked to be ok the verge of tears. He held his arms out, wanting a hug. I went over and leaned down next to his bed, giving him that hug.

"Papa, is our house gone forever?" He asked. "What?" I questioned, pulling back from out hug to look into his teary eyes. He sniffed, pointing to the television in the corner of the room. It played the news broadcast from an arial view. There was no audio since the television was muted, but it was still obvious what was happening.

"Not forever, bud. Just temporarily." I smiled. He nodded.

"Don't cry over it. We'll be fine." I said, wiping a few tears from his face.

Fundy's eyes then landed on Crow, who gave him a small smile.

"Wait, isn't this the hero always trying to kick your butts but then gets his own butt kicked? What's he here for?" Fundy suddenly asked. "He, my child, is part of the reason why you're even alive right now." I said. "Oh, so, he helped you?" I nodded. "Odd." He mumbled.

Techno's POV

"I guess I kind of have a bad rep with you three, huh?" Crow nervously chuckled. "Yeah, you really do." I replied. He nodded, exhaling.

"Well, uhm..." He paused, "My name is Phil."

"You just willingly told two criminals your real name?" Wilbur asked. Crow, or, Phil nodded. Wilbur and I looked over at each other.

"Ok, then...I'm...Wilbur?" Wilbur said hesitantly. 'Phil,' I guess, nodded with a smile. "Technoblade, but just call me Techno." I said.

"Nice to officially meet you two." Phil chuckled. Wilbur and I nodded, and it was quiet.

Then, Phil's phone began to ring, startling us all. He quickly pulled it out, silencing the ringer.

"Sorry." He hissed through his teeth.

He looked down at the contact, his face softening a bit.

"Do you mind if I take this?" He asked. "Not at all." Wilbur replied.

Phil walked a few feet into the corner, answering the phone and holding it to his ear.

"Hey, Tom, what's up?" He asked sort of quietly. "I saw the news, are you ok?" A small voice said from the other end of the line. The voice was quiet and muffled, but I recognized it to be that young boy, Phil's kid. "Yeah, yeah, I'm alright, bud. Where- Where are you?" Phil asked. "I'm with Toby and Ranboo and Miss Puffy." "Alright, you just stay with them until I come get you, M'k?" "Ok, dad! Bye!"

Then the call ended.

"Bye, I guess." Phil quietly laughed.

"You have a kid too?" Wilbur asked. Phil looked over at him, then nodding. "He's nine. Best damn thing that ever happened to me." He smiled. "You married?" I asked. Phil shook his head. "No, it's a long story, though, so I won't bore you with it."

I nodded, and then it was quiet.

Words: 1,355