𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

TW// cussing, crying, gun, being held at gun point
I think that's it?

Techno's POV

After some walking, I arrived at the lab. When I walked in, it was very quiet. Most of the lights were off as well. I walked through the halls, the heels of my boots clicking on the tile floor.

I heard what sounded like metal falling onto the floor, so I went towards that room. I pasted my break room that hadn't been touched since I was last in there, and I heard faint mumbling coming from where the crash was.

Ok, creepy, I guess.

I opened the doors, flicking on the light.

"Woah!" I gasped, holding my hands up when I saw Wilbur pointing a gun in my direction with a scared face. "Calm down, boss, it's just me!" I nervously laughed. His face changed to an expression I couldn't place when he realized it was me. "This isn't your way of firing me for being gone for a while, is it?" I asked, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Probably shouldn't have sneaked in, huh?"

Wilbur sat the gun down, quickly coming towards me and engulfing me in a hug. He has never hugged me.

"Where the hell have you been, huh?! You had me worried shitless, you asshole!" He said, weakly punching my arm. "Forgive me for being captured." I joked. "Not funny, Technoblade. I thought those fuckin' heroes killed you! Fundy told me what happened, I thought I'd never see you again!" He said.

"I'm...just your employee." I said. "No you're not. You're the only person on this goddamn earth that looks at me like I'm an actual human being. You're not just my employee, you're my fucking only friend." He said, burying his face in my shirt.

I now realized that my hands were still slightly raised from being held at gunpoint, so I slowly put them around Wilbur, awkwardly accepting his hug.

Ew, emotions.

"Don't ever do that again." Wilbur mumbled. "What? Never get captured again?" I asked. He nodded. I laughed. "Alright, boss, I'll do my best."

"Fuckin- call me Wilbur! I'll fucking fire you so I won't be your boss!" He punched my arm. "Ok, ok, I'll call you Wilbur, Wilbur." I said. "Thank you." He replied.

"And next time, call out! I nearly shot you! I thought you were a hero!" He nudged me. "I'll make a mental note." I said. "Ok, I'm gonna go see Fundy." "Yeah, he's been upset about what happened. He misses you."

I then left the room, going down the long hallways and upstairs to Fundy's room. I knocked, waiting for an answer.

"Yes, papa?" Fundy's voice called out. "Not him!" I replied.

The door immediately swung open and I was almost knocked over my him.

"You're ok! Where have you been?! I thought they killed you!" He said. "Sleeping dart. I'm fine." I replied. "Thank f-" "Watch your language." I cut him off. He rolled his eyes at me. "Papa says it!" He said. "I'm aware, but he's older than you, so, no." "Hypocrite."

I rolled my eyes.

"Ok, I have three days of work to catch up on. You go back to whatever you were doing before." I said, nudging Fundy back into his room.

I then went back downstairs and towards my break room to grab a mop, as I hoped I could find some that actually needed it.

When I walked in, I was startled when I heard Wilbur's voice.

"What did you say?" He asked. "Jesus! God, sorry, you startled me." I laughed. "Sorry." He replied. "You're good. Anyways, what did I say to who?" "The heroes."

I looked at him for a moment.

"I didn't say much. They asked me questions and I just beat around the bush and half-assed answered them. I didn't tell them anything significant if you're wondering. You're name is safe, this place should be safe, you get it. I played dumb a lot at the start." I said.

"They?" Wilbur asked. I sighed. "Crow and...and Duck." I said. Wilbur doesn't like Duck at all anymore after he abandoned Wilbur, and he doesn't like when he's mentioned. "Ah, I see. What did he want?" He asked. "Well...he asked what you're like." I said. "And what did you tell him?"

"The truth."

Wilbur looked down at the ground for a second.

"And what exactly is the truth, Technoblade?" He asked.

"Well I told him that he'd know if he hadn't abandoned you." I said. "And- And that you're normal. A normal guy with normal feeling who's hobby is messing with illegal chemicals. That's the truth, isn't it?" I asked. "I'm far from normal, Technoblade." Wilbur dryly laughed.

"You are normal. You're the same and I am." I said. "Bullshit. Anyways, what did he say?"

"He said he left you because he knew what he was doing with his life, and that you just wanted to smoke all day and that you're a bipolar manic, which you're not." I said. "So...what did you say when he said that..?"

"I told him that you're not a bipolar manic. I told him that you have your bad days, but that it's his fault since he left you when you needed him the most. From what you've told me, that's what I assume." I said. Wilbur nodded. "I mean, yeah, that's- that's true." He sighed.

It was silent for a moment.

"Does he even care to remember my name..?"

I looked up at Wilbur, then letting my eyes fall to the floor, shaking my head.

"No, he- he doesn't. I asked."

Wilbur slightly laughed, shaking his head. His eyes were glossy and full of tears. He bit down on the inside of his lip as he held them in, his lip quivering slightly.

"Wilbur, I-" I cut myself off when he stood up, walking towards the exit of the room. "Sorry, I just- I need a bit of time to think." He said. "Ok...that's- that's fine. Just...if you wanna talk later, we can." I said. He nodded.

"You can...go home early today. I guess it's been a long day or three for you." He said, leaving.

I exhaled, leaving the room a minute or so later.

As I walked down the hallways to leave, I passed a room, heading Wilbur inside.

"He was my only fucking friend and he doesn't even know my damn name anymore. That's bullshit." He mumbled. "I guess he's just too damn good for me, isn't he? Stupid heroes. Stupid fucking heroes, thinking they're better than everyone since they're rich and shit. Fuck you, Alex Quackity and you're stupid fucking hero name. Who the hell makes their hero name 'Duck?' That's the least intimidating name to ever fucking exist."

I knew Wilbur could use a hug or two, but I also knew he needed his space. I can't imagine how he feels. Duck, or 'Alex Quackity,' used to be all Wilbur had back then, and now he doesn't even know his name?

Heroes really suck, I guess. Too up their own asses to remember their childhood friend.

I sighed, continuing down the hall.

Words: 1,200