𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬

𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟐

john b and dove were now in third grade.

they were playing together at recess like they usually did.

"how the hell do you always find me?" dove questioned.

"because you always hide in the same spot."
john b rolled his eyes.

"hey. don't get wise with me, bird." dove pointed.

"watcha gonna do about it, birdie." john b pointed back.

dove smirked and john b raised his eyebrows.

"yo! john b!"

they turned to see a blonde headed boy standing a few feet away from them.

john b nodded to him. "hey, man."

dove furrowed her eyebrows. "bird who is that?"

"i'm jj. maybank. jj maybank. and you're name must be beautiful." he smirked and john b snorted.

"that's like saying tennessee you're the only ten i see. get a better pick up line." dove sassed.

"wow. i like her more now."

"is he our friend now, jb?"

john b nodded. "he sure is."

dove sighed. "well i'm dove tatum. it's nice to meet you, jj maybank."

"the pleasure is mine." he smiled.

john b looked between the two and squinted. his eight year old self did not like the way the two were talking about each other.

"you know i don't like like you, right? also we're like eight." dove reminded.

"you're not wrong i guess..." jj trailed off.

dove's response to jj gave john b a sense of relief.

"well, jj, welcome to this crazy friendship."

jj nodded and smiled.

🕊️

𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟓

sixth grade. that's when puberty started to hit the three best friends, especially the boys.

john b grew out his hair a little and began to get tall. same thing with jj. this caused all of the girls to have little middle school crushes on the boys.

all of the girls who had crushes on john b made dove jealous. she knew it was just stupid middle school crushes, but she still didn't like it.

it was math class and her desk partner was a cute darker skinned boy based pope he was super sweet and nervous but also smart and funny. dove really liked him.