𝐤𝐢𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝

the five friends were in the twinkie. john b was taking them to find out more about the compass and the message redfield that was written inside of it.

dove really, really didn't want to be there with them after their lives were just in danger, but john b isn't one to give up.

dove decided to sit in the back with pope and jj so she didn't have to sit next to john b since she was still mad at him. kie sat next to him.

"i mean it's obvious. a family heirloom. i mean, what better place to hide a message? he had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?" john b said.

"yeah. it's possible." kie nodded.

"it could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels." pope said.

dove just gave pope a look.

"bro, you know how i process my sad feels. dank bugs and stickies of ickies that's how i do it." jj said.

dove looked up at him. she had been lying in his lap. "what does that even mean?"

"you see—."

john b huffed and interrupted jj. "i'm not concocting, okay? my dad's trying to give me a message."

"if it helps you believe, john b." kie replied.

dove sighed. she knew none of them believed big john was alive, so they were having a hard time helping john b. she, though, believed that he could possibly be alive just like john b did. and even if she didn't, she still knew how to comfort john b.

she sat up and put her chin on his shoulder.

"maybe it is a message. i mean, big john and his messages, right? i believe that it could lead to something, bird. maybe give us clues to where he is." dove said.

he turned to look at her and gave her a smile. "yeah."

dove bit her bottom lip and wanted to smile back, but she was still upset with him.

she lied back down on jj's lap and john b turned back around. the rest of them just looked around at each other.

"what do you think the message is?" kiara broke the silence.

"redfield. redfield lighthouse. my dad's favorite place."

they pulled up to the lighthouse about five minutes later and all hopped out of the van.

the seagulls were calling as the three stared up at the lighthouse.

"right. here's what's gonna happen." john b said to jj. "you're gonna post up and look our for bogey's, okay?"

"wait. why me?" jj asked.

dove gave jj a side eye. jj was the most reckless out of all of them, how could he not know why they didn't want him going up to the lighthouse.

"because you're not coming." pope replied.

"why?" jj questioned.

"look, jj, there are independent and dependent variables. and you're an independent variable—."

"—shut up—."

"—we don't know what you'll do—."

"listen to me for a second, just listen. pope, you and dove will stand look out with jj, okay? if we get split up, we meet back at jj's house." john b decided.

"great." kie agreed.

"no, not great. why do i have to stay with them?" dove asked.

"oh so you don't want to stay with us?"

"that's kinda rude."

dove turned to look at pope and jj.

"shut up!"

she then turned to look back at john b.

"that was...aggressive..." jj muttered.

"yeah, just a tad." pope nodded.

"i just don't want you getting hurt." john b shrugged.

"oh, but you want kie to go?" dove raised her eyebrows.

john b scratched the back of his neck. "not really, but—."

"bullshit, john b. you'd rather her go than me. probable because i'm a scaredy-cat, huh? i'm not a little kid, john b, stop treating me like one. i'm not a charity case, i can do things." dove said.

"i didn't mean it when i said you were a scaredy-cat, dove. i was just trying to get you and jj to shut up, okay? and i don't think you're a little kid or a charity case. i want to protect you because i love you." john b responded.

"yeah, i know you love me, john b, but—."

"no. birdie, you don't understand. i love you."

she looked into his hazel colored eyes and he nodded to her.

sighing, she said, "fine. go. but be safe, bird. please. you too, kie."

kie smiled and john b kissed dove's hand.

the two then walked over to the fence and dove stepped back.

"now that that's over, i'm gonna work on my merit scholarship essay and i'm trying to keep felonies down to a minimum." pope said.

jj was playing with a rubber ball.

"alright, would you just shut up already?"

dove sighed and sat down, leaning against the tree jj was standing by.

she just sat there while pope was muttering things to himself and jj was bouncing the ball.

dove put her head in her knees, hoping john b and kie wouldn't take too long.

🕊️

dove, jj, and pope decided to play monkey in the middle with the rubber ball. pope was still in the middle, like he was when they started the game. he wanted to stop playing, but they were all bored so he decided he'd continue.

just as dove threw the ball to jj, police sirens were heard, causing pope to catch it.

they then looked and saw the police van coming.

"oh shit!" pope whisper-shouted

"guys we can't leave kie and bird!" dove exclaimed.

"we'll catch up with them, okay? it'll be fine, dove!" pope called as he jumped into the twinkie.

"you guys go. i'm gonna go find dove and kie. no pogue left behind."

"dovie—."

"i'll, be fine, jayj."

jj sighed and ran to the twinkie while dove hopped the fence to try to look for the two she didn't see them coming down from the lighthouse, so she hopped another fence and continued running until she found a beach.

she ran across it and she spotted a guy and a girl. she smiled when she realized it was kie and john b, but refrained herself from calling after them because she saw them hugging. she could've quite tell what they were saying, but she kept watching.

kie pulled away from the hug and john b pressed his lips onto hers with one swift motion.

dove's hear sunk and she felt sick. she turned on her heel and began running away.

john b was a liar. he didn't truly love her.

AUTHORS NOTE
ooh drama. i <3 drama.

muah,
lea <3