𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

dove woke up before john b that morning. she rubbed her eyes and looked over at him. a black eye had already formed on his eye from topper.

she sighed and kissed him on the cheek. she was going to wait until he woke, but she knew she needed to go back to the glisson's, so she'd come back later.

"love you." she whispered in john b's ear.

she then got up and left the house and went to the glisson's.

🕊️

dove entered the house and quietly closed the door. she was hoping they didn't notice her coming in so maybe she would pretend she had just woken up.

she walked in and saw that they were in the kitchen eating breakfast, so she slipped upstairs to her bedroom and grabbed a change of clothes.

she went to her bathroom and took a quick shower before going downstairs to greet the glisson's.

"oh, hello, dove." mrs. glisson greeted.

"good morning, mrs. glisson. mr. glisson." dove smiled.

"what time did you get back last night? we didn't hear you come in." mr. glisson asked.

"oh, uh, probably around twelve. i was at the boneyard with some friends so i stayed for a while." dove explained.

"that's where you were last night? one of those pouges held a gun to topper thornton's head!" mrs. glisson informed.

"were you there when it happened?" mr. glisson asked.

dove was silent for a moment. she should tell the truth, but she didn't want to be in trouble and she didn't want the glisson's to find out it was one of her friends.

"no. no, i uh, i left before that. i had no idea that happened." dove lied.

"we found out this morning. news surely spreads fast around this island." mrs. glisson replied.

"wow."

"you're lucky you weren't there. something could've happened to you." mr. glisson said.

dove nodded.

"um...do you know who did it?" dove asked.

she was hoping they'd say no.

"mm mm. no." mrs. glisson shook her head.

"we haven't heard, but when we do, you're staying far away from them." mr. glisson said.

dove's heart started pounding.

"well, i'm sure he was doing it for the right reason." dove defended.

mrs. glisson glanced at her husband who stared at his eggs. she then looked back over to dove.

"sweetheart, no one should be putting a gun to anyone's head." mrs. glisson shook her head.

"i agree. but what can you expect? they're pogues." mr. glisson said.

dove's eye twitched. she's never heard them talk about pogues like this before. well, she's never heard mrs. glisson talk about pouges like this before, but mr. glisson would make some remarks about them here and there.

"i'm a pogue." dove mumbled.

mrs. glisson pursed her lips.

"sure, but you're not a real pogue." mr. glisson replied with a chuckle.

"yes i am. i'm a real pogue and i always will be." dove responded.

he scoffed. "please. you don't know what a real pogue is."

"paul." mrs. glisson muttered.

dove shook her head.

"no you don't know what i real pogue is! i've been a pogue my whole life! talk to me when you find out was being a pogue really is. pogue for life!" dove exclaimed.

she then stormed out of the glisson house and grabbed her bike from the back of the house and started pedaling away to the cut.

🕊️

dove arrived to her old house and stopped in front of it.

she sighed and got off of her bike and looked up at the house.

when she saw what was there, she dropped her bike and her lips parted.

an older blonde woman was standing on the porch.

"dove."

it was her mother.

AUTHORS NOTE
SURPRIIIIISE SHAWTY

dove's mom is back because drama is slay.

question time!
1) kiss marry kill kie, sarah, cleo
2) should jarah be endgame?

muah,
lea <3