𝐝𝐨𝐝𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬

when john b and dove got back from the camerons', they picked up kie, pope, and jj and went out to the marsh.

john b had explained to dove that he "borrowed" the scuba gear from the camerons' so they could go down and observe the sunken grady white.

dove didn't want him to go down there, but she knew stopping him was inevitable, so she just let it happen.

"this is empty. you took empty tanks?" kiara grumbled.

"great, so now we don't have to do this and we can all go have a nice afternoon instead." dove smiled.

"the other one is a quarter full. it's enough for one of us." kiara said.

dove groaned and sat down. "this is so stupid."

"does anybody know how to dive?" kie questioned.

"hopefully everyone says no." dove replied.

everyone was silent after that.

"taking that as a no." dove nodded.

"dove, you have to relax." john b said.

"don't tell me to relax. especially after you were flirting with sarah cameron all morning." dove retorted.

"you were flirting with sarah cameron?" kie furrowed her eyebrows.

"i was not flirting with sarah cameron!" john b exclaimed. "how many times did i have to tell you that, dove. if you're jealous that guys find her attractive just say that."

"oh shit." pope muttered.

"he's in trouble." jj added.

"i don't care if guys find her attractive, i care that you find her attractive!" dove exclaimed.

"i don't find her attractive! if i found her attractive i wouldn't have slept with you!" john b responded.

dove for quiet and her face turned red.

"excuse me?" kiara furrowed her eyebrows.

"did he just say they slept together?" pope asked.

"y'all had sex? nice!" jj smiled and held out his hand to john b.

john b just gave him a look and jj put his hand down.

"let's just move on." john b sighed.

"sounds good to me." dove murmured.

"anyway, you just put the thing in your mouth and breathe. how hard could it be?" jj asked.

"well, if you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood and you get the bends." pope informed.

"bends like, bend over and..." jj proceeded to bend over.

dove put her hand over her eyes.

"the bends kill you." pope replied.

"right..."

jj then stood up straight.

"i can—i can dive." john b shrugged.

"absolutely not. you're not diving, john b. in fact, no one here is diving. this is the most unnecessary and stupidest thing ever." dove said.

"well if you don't like it, then swim home. no one's stopping you." john b snapped.

jj whistled.

"fine. maybe i will."

dove then stood up and walked to the edge of the boat.

"dove, no. sit back down." kiara said.

"why should i? john b clearly doesn't want me here." dove shrugged.