𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐲-𝐜𝐚𝐭

that night, dove was lying on the hammock with john b.

"bird?"

"hm?"

"what're you thinking about?" dove asked.

john b just shrugged.

"the compass?" she raised her eyebrows.

he sighed. "yeah."

dove grabbed his hand. "it's a good thing that you found it. now you have something of your dad until he returns."

"yeah. yeah, you're right." john b replied and looked down at her.

she looked up at him and they shared a kiss then john b pulled her close.

🕊️

dove had gone back to the glisson's place that morning to bring some clothes to john b's so she could stay with him for a few days. she was still upset with them after what they said about pogues.

she knew they'd be having breakfast in the kitchen, so she snuck through the back and went up the back stairs to her bedroom.

she grabbed some clothes and washed herself as quick as she could, praying they wouldn't hear the shower.

when she was done, she put her blonde hair into a bun then put on a hot pink crop top and a pair of black jean shorts. then grabbed some clothes to bring with her.

once she was done, she snuck back out and went back to the chateau.

when she arrived, jj was on the porch by the door.

"jayj?"

he put a finger up to his lips, motioning for her to be quiet and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"DCS! i know you're in there!" jj banged on the door.

dove sighed and shook her head.

he then snuck over to the window and she followed him.

they saw john b sitting up and jj banged on the window.

"whoa!"

jj began laughing. "gotcha."

dove shook her head. "i had no part in this."

john b sighed and jj and dove entered the chateau.

"so? what's going on?" dove raised her eyebrows.

"i'm thinking we do to ms. lana's to ask her questions about the compass." john b answered.

jj and dove looked at each other then back at john b.

"okay. let's go."

🕊️

"why don't you two just date already?" jj questioned. "i mean like y'all fucked and you're still playing this stupid game of what are we? are we dating? are we not? are we fucking? it's so dumb. i mean it's a low hanging fruit, john b. just pick it off the tree and bite into it."