𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬

"why the hell did you bring me here?" dove asked.

the captain and one of his men from the ship had taken her brought her to an old house.

"your husband, sweetheart. the cop killer." the captain said.

"he didn't kill her. but he does lie." dove muttered.

"i don't care. i just want my bounty." he shrugged.

she scoffed then turned around and stared out for a bit. just thinking. mostly about how john b betrayed her. he told her he wasn't gonna leave her or go see the cameron's vacation house, but he did.

after about twenty minutes of dove staring out and thinking, she heard a voice.

"boss, he's here."

dove looked over with a side-eye and saw cleo walking john b inside.

"hey, found your husband." cleo said.

dove turned her head and saw john b walking up to her.

she then pushed him back.

there was so many things she could say.

liar

traitor

hypocrite

but what came out was, "asshole!"

she pushed him back and he bumped into one of the captain's men who put him in a chokehold.

dove's heart started pounding as she watched. of course, she didn't want john b to get hurt despite how mad she was at him.

"okay, enough." dove said.

the man release john b and pushed him over onto a smaller couch.

"took you long enough." the captain said to cleo.

"next time get him yourself." cleo rolled her eyes as she swung her knife around between her fingers

"after all our hospitality, you left without saying goodbye." the captain spoke.

dove walked over and watched as john b rubbed his neck.

"let us go. p-please." dove spike up.

"i got fifty thousand reasons why that ain't gonna happen." the captain said.

"he didn't do anything. i swear. i was there." dove nodded.

"maybe he did. maybe he didn't. i don't care. we let the courts decide. bring him to the proper authorities." the captain ordered.

the man grabbed john b by his backpack and stood him up.

dove went over and pushed the man onto the couch.

"touch him one more fucking time!" dove exclaimed.

john b stared at dove with his lips parted. he's never really seen this side of her before.

she looked back at him and let out a breath. he nodded to her.

cleo smirked at dove, approvingly, as she continued to swing her knife.

"cleo! grab her!" the captain ordered. "and you! get the hell up!"

cleo gave the boss a dirty look then jumped up.

john b grabbed dove's upper arm and pulled her behind him.

the man got up and started walking toward john b.

"stop, stop. i can pay. i can pay you." john b said.

dove stared at the back of him. he was going to give them their gold. the only money they had.

"you got 50k in your back pocket? if not, bye-bye." the captain replied, waving the gun in his hand around.

dove swallowed and stepped forward.

john b took the backpack off and handed it to the man who unzipped it quickly then handed it to the blonde girl.

"east, girly. slowly."

dove slowly reached into the pocket of the backpack and pulled out the hard, cold, poorly melted down gold. she held it up to them.

"what is that?" the captain question.

"what the hell does it look like." dove retorted.

"watch it girlie." he pointed.

he then stuck his hand out. "give it to me."

"give it to him!" the other man shouted.

dove let out a shaky breath and handed the gold to the captain. he put the gold between his teeth, then pulled it out and began to observe it.

"one hundred and forty-three thousand reasons to let us go. let us be free. that's more than the bounty. more than you'll get if you have an innocent man locked up." dove said.

cleo took the cold and tapped it with her knife.

"i'll tell you what. this is your rescue fee. but i want my bounty too." the man replied.

"no, no, no, no!" john b shouted as the man grabbed him and pulled him back.

"that's not fair! that wasn't the deal!" dove exclaimed.

"life ain't fair, sweetheart."

dove closed her eyes and clenched her jaw.

"that's just one! hey! there's more! look, i went to paradise island. to our friend's family house. dove's mother is dating her friend's father. there's hundreds of million of dollars' worth of that gold there. it is an empty, underfunded house. i have the entry codes from when i dated our friend."

the captain squinted his dark eyes at john b then looked over to dove.

"girlie, is this true?" he asked.

"yes. yes, it's true. the gold's there. and john b can get you to it." dove answered.

the captain looked dove up and down. dove could tell he trusted her and that we was a little wary about john b.

"alright." he nodded. "let's get to it then."

AUTHORS NOTE
this chapter is so short but i literally have no inspiration to write rn. sorry.

muah,
lea <3