𝐝𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐛 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐤-𝐢-𝐬-𝐬-𝐢-𝐧-𝐠

dove sat outside of the cameron house while john b was talking to sarah by the front door.

"so you didn't like pogue life, huh?" john b raised his eyebrows.

"i liked the adventure you and i went on, john b, but if i knew what this would actually entail, then i would've...i would've never even tried to get involved." sarah replied.

"yeah. yeah, i understand. i never thought trying to get the royal merchant would be so dangerous, but it's important to me because it was important to my dad. plus, you know, having millions of dollars would be great." john b said.

"well, i wish you luck my friend. it was fun. up until today at least. and...i know you kissed dove. i'm not mad. we were only together for what? three days? you've loved her your whole life. so go. get her. be happy. and don't worry about me. i'll be okay."

john b nodded. "thanks, sarah."

"yeah."

he gave her one last look before making his way back to the twinkie.

"how'd it go?" dove questioned.

"welp, sarah's not a pogue and she's not my girlfriend." john b answered.

"so what you're telling me is that you're single? and there's no other girl you want to trap me on a boat with--."

john b cut the girl off by kissing her.

dove kissed back and pulled the boy into her.

after about thirty seconds they pulled away and dove smiled at him.

"so, you wanna change my relationship status, birdie?" john b raised his eyebrows.

"yeah. i'd love to change it." dove nodded and kissed him again.

he then pulled away. "now come on. i wanna take you somewhere."

"take me away." she smiled.

🕊️

"so this is the old abandoned church you used to tell me about?" dove raised her eyebrows.

"yup." he nodded. "come on. do you trust me?"

"do i have to?" she raised her eyebrows.

"yes. yes you do." he nodded.

they then entered and dove looked around.

"oh wow. the window panes. they're so pretty." dove said as she looked around.

"pretty cool, huh?" he raised his eyebrows.

"yeah."

"my dad used to come here as a kid. said it was a relic from the old island."

"ah. vintage. antique. rustic."

"oh yes, very. back in the day, they used to ring the bells when the boats would come in."

dove looked up. "let's go up there."

"you read my mind."

dove then started walking while john b grabbed some candles and then followed after her.

"here, let me go first. i--."

"why, you don't think i can handle going up there without you helping me?" she raised her eyebrows.

"well..."

she punched him in the arm. "asshole."

he smiled. "i'm teasing you, birdie. now come on, let me go first."

"okay, okay."

john b went up and then helped dove.

when he helped her up, he took her over to a pillar by the window.

"look at this."

his name was carved into it.

"is that your name?"

"mhm."

dove traced his name with her finger.

"i was ten. me and my dad did it."

dove smiled up at him and he grabbed her hand again.

"let me show you this."

he took her over to the other window and opened it to reveal a sunset over the marsh.

"oh wow. john b, this is gorgeous. i'm taking mental pictures right now and storing them in my memory camera roll."

john b smiled. "you're so dorky."

"shut up, asshole."

he chuckled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. she bit her bottom lip and smiled.

they then kissed and sunk to their knees.

dove pulled away and sat herself down.

"what?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"you forgot the candles." she smirked.

"so you saw that." he pursed his lips.

she nodded. "yeah. but...that's not why i stopped."

he lit the candle then looked back at her.

"then why?" he questioned.

"because i wanted to ask you why you've never showed me this place before. i mean, i knew about it kinda, but i just never knew it was special to you and i've never been here with you." she answered.

"i don't know, i guess because it was special to my dad which meant it was special to me. i liked to come here by myself sometimes and just watch the sunset. i don't think i've brought anyone here before, besides my dad obviously." john b explained.

"so i'm the first person you've brought here?" she raised her eyebrows.

"i've done a lot of first things with you, birdie." he whispered.

"that sounds dirty, bird." she whispered back.

he chuckled and shook his head.

she leaned in and they began kissing again. dove pushed him down onto the floor.

she lifted her head up and blew out the candle, then the two continued.

🕊️

john b slept in dove's room that night. he had to sneak in there so that no one would know.

his alarm went off at almost three in the morning and he slowly sat up.

dove blinked her eyes open and rolled over.

"hi." he said.

"hi." she replied.

he gave her a kiss and she smiled at him.

"okay. bye."

she smiled back. "bye now. have fun."

john b left and then she went back to sleep.

when she actually woke up that morning, the boys and her mother still weren't back yet.

"hey, sarah, have you seen rose? she hasn't been here in a while. i kinda, almost miss seeing her." wheezie said that morning.

"no. the last time i saw her was after mary came. they were talking out back and two days later she was gone." sarah replied.

"hm. weird. at least we got our wish. she's finally gone." wheezie shrugged.

dove had heard the whole conversation.

what had mary done to rose?

AUTHORS NOTE
i finally have my phone but now i still have to set up my imessages bc they're going through as text messages idk it's complicated

muah,
lea <3