𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐛 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

the next morning when kie and pope came back with the hms pogue, the other five had things packed and were walking onto the dock.

it was agreed that they needed to get thr hell outta there.

"finally! hey!" jj called.

dove had been a sobbing mess all night. john b was worried about her, she didn't get one ounce of sleep. she even threw up once or twice.

"guys, don't tie up! stop it!" jj yelled.

"what, why?" pope asked?

"what? what are you talking about?" kie questioned.

john b and joey were helping dove walk considering the fact that she still wasn't able to walk fast due to her gun shot wound still being sore and tender

"where'd you guys go? what happened last night? we stepped on the break, what's up?" pope asked.

"slept, right, yeah. we were up all night. we gotta get the hell out of here." jj replied.

"rafe and mary know we're here, so we have to leave like, now." sarah informed.

"okay."

"come on."

dove sniffed and john b helped her into the boat.

"dove. are you okay?" kie asked.

she shook her head and sat down.

"so, uh...i think i'm gonna go. i'm really sorry that all this shit is happening to you guys. if any of you need any type of help, please let me know. i'd like to help." joey said.

"thank you, joey." dove whispered.

he nodded and went to his boat.

john b untied it for him and joey hopped on the boat and left the pogues on the dock by themselves.

after getting on the boat, the three went out and hid behind some trees in the grassy area of the marsh.

"look if mary, rafe, and barry know, it's only a matter of time." kie said.

"before everyone knows." pope added.

"i'm surprised the cops haven't arrested me yet now that mary knows." john b grunted.

dove looked at him before looking away.

"i told you, we should've gone south, man!" jj exclaimed.

"just stop it." john b muttered.

"why does no one ever listen!" jj continued.

"i get it! i get it. i understand." john b replied.

dove picked her head up from sarah's shoulder.

"i...i have an idea." dove spoke up.

they all turned to look at her.

"my mom...mom my mom knows i'm back, right? so if i go to the cameron house and—."

"no. birdie, no." john b interrupted.

"would you let me finish." she raised her eyebrows.

"no. you're not going back there. i won't let you." john b shook his head.

"just let me finish! if i go back to the cameron house, i can talk to mary. tell her i forgive her and that i love her and i'm sorry for betraying her. then, i'll get her to tell the cops what really happened and that i promise to visit her everyday in jail." dove explained.

"you really think she's gonna believe that? you really think she's gonna sacrifice herself? even after all that had happened?" kie tossed her eyebrows.

"i know. it sounds insane. i feel like i'm going insane, but i'm just asking you guys to just give me an hour or two. just let me handle this. i really think if i just talk to her, she'll come around." dove said.