𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

dove walked down the stairs and into the dining room to see that mr and mrs glisson were already sitting at the table. it was set perfectly and there was the main course of chicken and some sides. dove wasn't particularly hungry, but she'd shove it down her throat to try to get the glisson's off of her back.

"dove, sweetie, why don't you came sit." mrs. glisson smiled.

why was mrs. glisson being nice to her all of the sudden after being so angry with her just a crew hours before. dove tried not to give the woman a confused look, so she just gave her a fake-smile.

"sure."

she walked over and took her seat. mr. glisson was at the head of the table while mrs. glisson was across the table from him at the other end and dove was between them.

"would you like some chicken, dear?" mrs. glisson asked.

"i think i'm going to start with just some salad." dove nodded.

"very well then."

mr. glisson did not utter a word. he just watched.

dove was handed the salad and put some on her plate with some italian dressing.

mr and mrs glisson put some food on their plates and the three began eating in silence.

after eating a few bites of salad, dove slowly put her fork down and took a sip of water then looked between the pair on each end of the table.

"um, so why...why exactly did you want me to have dinner with you?" dove questioned.

"well—."

"you're disrespectful and it needs to end is why." mr. glisson said.

"honey." mrs. glisson muttered.

"what? am i wrong?" he raised his eyebrows.

mrs. glisson sighed. "no. you are not. dove, we want you to have your freedoms and go with your friends, but we need to trust you. and i've found a way to do that. we're going to track your phone."

"what." was all dove could say.

"do you have it with you?" mr. glisson asked.

"um, yeah." dove answered and pulled it out of her pocket.

"great. we will set up the tracker after dinner. our second thing we wanted to mention is that you will be coming to midsummers with us. we already have a gorgeous light pink dress picked out for you and a flower crown. you're going to love it." mrs. glisson continued.

dove wanted to shake her head. midsummers just wasn't her. but then she remembered that kiara was gonna be there which made her feel a little better.

"okay." dove nodded.

mrs. glisson grinned. "okay."

they then went back to eating dinner and dove internally huffed. she liked her old freedom a lot better than this.

AUTHORS NOTE
yes ik this one is boring. deal with it.

question time!
1) taylor swift or harry styles?
2) anti-hero or as it was (their popular songs 🤪)

anyway pls go watch ted lasso on apple tv and fall in love with roy kent. thank you!

muah,
lea <3