𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐡 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧

"where are you going?" dove asked as john b got up.

the pair had lied in bed together for about a half hour, not talking or doing anything. just laying there.

"going to the cameron's boat. did you forget i work for them?" john b raised his eyebrows.

"honestly, yeah i did." she replied. "can...can i come?"

john b shrugged. "if you're gonna be helpful, which you're usually not, then yeah."

she hit him with a pillow.

"i am helpful!"

john b cracked a smile. "just messin' with you. come on, put some clothes on and we can go."

dove blushed at the fact that she still had no clothes on. in front of john b. but that didn't matter anymore because of what they had just done.

dove got up with the blanket still wrapped around her and john b watched.

"you know you don't have to hide yourself right? i mean i've already seen you and...and you're so beautiful, birdie. you don't have to be embarrassed." he said.

"you make me feel so good about myself." she replied.

"you should feel good about yourself. i mean, dove, how could you not feel good about yourself? if i were you, i would think i was perfect." john b shook his head.

"is this how you usually pull girls?" dove raised her eyebrows.

"i mean, i don't treat them like shit like some guys do, but i've never met a girl like you who i can say all of these things to. sure, there have been special girls, but dove..."

he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her.

"dove i've only ever wanted to say those words about you. i've never loved a girl the way i loved you." he whispered and brushed his thumb across her cheek.

"not even alice?" she asked.

he shook his head. "not even alice. i mean...i've loved you since we were kids, dove. since we were four years old i've loved you."

"you're giving me the chills." dove whispered.

john b let out a small laugh.

"i have too. i've...i've never dated a guy before, which you know. i mean of course there have been opportunities. like joey back in eighth grade. but i never wanted another guy. i wanted you. and i was waiting for you to notice me."

"i've always noticed you, birdie."

"then why didn't you ever do anything about it?"

"because i was waiting for you to notice me."

"i've always noticed you, bird."

john b smiled then pulled her in for a soft, sweet kiss.

they pulled away and john b grabbed a loose tank top and handed to her.

"now get dressed!"

"yes sir!"

john b smiled and dove got dressed, then they left for the cameron's.

🕊️

when john b and dove arrived at the cameron's, they went to the druthers which was their huge boat. dove wished she could have a boat like that. the kooks were lucky, especially the cameron's.

dove waited on the deck while john n went in to do his "work."

dove stood there and stared out at the cameron house. why did she have to get such a shitty life and shitty parents? she could've lived a life like this if her mother didn't corrupt her father. everything always lead back to mary.