𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

and then dove saw it.

land

finally

she had been out at sea for hours upon ours, waiting for land.

she knew it was going to be crowded there, but she didn't care. it was land. and she was sick of being out there on the sea all by herself.

plus, she was running out of fuel.

so. the crowded land it was.

🕊️

she showed up at the land and slowly got off of the boat, then anchored it into the sand.

her plan was to find some guys, find something to eat, then get the hell outta there.

she wished there was somewhere she could stop and take a shower, but she knew they wasn't possible.

she slung the backpack over her shoulder and grabbed two gas tanks then limped on her way.

a she limped around the town, she got strange looks from people around her, but she just smiled and nodded to them despite the fact that she way dying on the inside.

"i need something to eat." she whispered as she found a gas station.

she sighed and nodded. she was a pogue, so it was time to be a pogue.

she went over to the gas and began sneakily filling up the tanks.

when she was finished, she walked inside of the gas station store with her head low and searched around for something. anything.

and then her lips turned upward.

gummy bears. her absolute favorite candy.

she sighed and grabbed a bag. she ripped it open and started shoving one after another in her mouth.

and then, she heard a voice.

"excuse me? what are you doing?"

she turned her head and saw one of the gas station workers.

"oh shit." she muttered.

then she began running as fast as she could, despite any pain that she had been feeling in her abdomen because of the wound.

"get her!" the owner yelled at the worked.

he began chasing after dove as she ran.

she started to run across the streak until she saw a pickup truck coming, so she dove across the street.

she stood up. she recognized that truck.

"heyward..." she whispered. "hayward's truck."

she continued running, trying to find the truck, the guy still on her.

"i can...i can do this..." she murmured to herself as she ran.

when she hit an alleyway, she saw pope, jj, kie, and sarah in the alleyway with heyward's truck.

"sarah, kie, jj, pope!" she yelled.

but they didn't hear her.

"come here, blondie!"

she whipped her head to the side and saw the man.

she gasped and started running again.

that's when she saw a bike with a seat on the back of it like the ones couples usually take a ride on.

she hopped on and began peddling, panting hardly as the guy who did the rides also started chasing after her.

she kept looking behind her, then in front, then behind.

she pulled up to another alleyway and saw her friends.

they all stopped for a moment to stare at each other in awe.

"someone needs to pedal instead of me because i got shot and—."

"i'll do it!" sarah exclaimed.

the two girls switched spots and dove hopped on the back, kie hopping on beside her and jj and pope pushed the bike to make it go faster.

dove looked behind her to see a different man chasing after them.

"who the hell is that!" dove exclaimed.

"some asshole who's mad at pope!" jj called.

jj and pope them hopped on and they biked away, finally losing the guy.

they arrived at the water and went to the boat.

"my dad's boat?" sarah questioned.

"yeah, we have a lot to catch up on." dove panted.

"wait. where's john b?" kie asked.

dove swallowed. "um."

tears welled up in her eyes.

"he's still in the bahamas. he um...i'm sorry."

she wiped her face and sniffed. sarah wrapped her arms around the girl.

"he told me i needed to come home, so that's what i did. he told me...he told me he'd see me again someday soon and...and i'm trying to believe that but i don't know if i can. i'm not whole without him." she explained.

the others came over and joined in on her and sarah's hug.

she exhaled then smiled.

"thanks, guys. now come on. let's go home."

the group of pogues then got in the boat and made their way back to the outer banks.

AUTHORS NOTE
heyyyy. love being back.

muah,
lea <3