𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲

"hi, um...i'm here to see john b. john b routledge." dove said to the officer.

"empty your pockets."

dove turned to see the woman officer.

"plumb."

"tatum."

she pat dove down, then took her to john b.

"five minutes." she said.

dove paused when she saw john b sitting there.

she didn't know if she could do it. she didn't know if she could see his face, hear his voice.

"are you going in? if you don't go in right now, i'm taking it off of your time." plumb said.

dove exhaled and went into the room. the door closed behind her.

john b looked over and dove tried to smile.

"hey, bird."

"you don't have to smile, birdie. i know you're faking it." john b said.

dove exhaled and took a seat.

"hi." she said.

"hey." he replied.

she opened her mouth to say hi again, but john b stopped her.

"don't say hi again, birdie."

"sorry."

"don't be sorry."

"so...this is your new place, huh?" she raised her eyebrows.

"i guess so." he shrugged.

"don't think it's really you, but hey, it's a place right?" she raised her eyebrows.

"it sure is a place." he nodded.

they were silent.

"jj came to see me. we have a plan to help me escape. it was jj's idea, obviously, but i'm going along with it because there's not much else left that we could do." john b explained.

"do you think it's gonna work?" she asked.

he shook his head. "i don't know. i'm just hoping for the best."

"well if it does, you're gonna have to go into hiding again, you know that right?" she raised her eyebrows.

"look, dove, i know. it's stupid and risky and there's so many things to face after, but...but i don't wanna spend the next two and a half minutes with you arguing about this plan before you have to go, okay?" he raised his eyebrows.

"yeah. okay." she agreed.

it was silent.

dove thought about something else to talk about.

"so i was thinking." she spoke up.

"yeah?"

"that since we're married now, we should renovate the chateau. make it new." dove said.

"renovate?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"yeah, renovate it. like fix it up. we can do it ourselves." dove nodded.

"oh, right, right. you mean we have to make room for the kids." john b nodded.

dove pointed. "exactly. our two boys and one girl. i'm thinking we should name our oldest john. after your dad. and after you. big john, john b, and baby john."

"hmmm i like it. and then maybe gary for our second son after your dad." john b suggested.

dove cringed. "okay, no. i love my dad and miss him, but gary is an ugly name."

"okay, fine, we'll skip that child for now. what about our beautiful daughter?" john b asked.

"i'm thinking...maybe tatum. you know, we could name her tatum, my dads last name, to honor him." dove shrugged.

"i love it. that's perfect. baby john, tatum, and..."

"oh screw it, we don't need three. we need baby john and tatum."

john b nodded. "that's perfect."

"totally perfect."

john b smiled as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"oh, bird."

she reached for his hand when the door swung open.

"times up." plumb informed.

dove sighed and stood up shakily.

"goodbye, bird. i love you."

"i love you more. if you're birdie, i'm bird."

"and if you're bird, i'm birdie."

he blew her a kiss and she caught it before plumb escorted her out.

if only life was as simple as it was in their little fantasy.

AUTHORS NOTE
guys i'm a little toooo obsessed with this story...

muah,
lea <3