𝟏𝟐 | 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 | 𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘

I HAD TO GET RID OF HIM. Whether that meant I drove him out of town, put him on a flight back to where he came from myself...or I killed him.

I knew I was resorting to violence in my head, but I was trying to fight the urge to run over to his door with a sledgehammer and break down all of his walls and desperately needed to pacify myself with the thoughts of torture alone.

Almost a fortnight ago, Blaze Thayer's car had almost felt like a sanctuary of refuge. I was on the brink of dozing off, but suppressed the desire, keeping my eyes closed until we arrived home and he was gently calling out my name so I could leave his presence.

He must have assumed I was sleeping, and I was relieved that he avoided talking to me after our previous exchange since we didn't agree on much and any discourse would have led to an abundance of arguments. He hadn't ever had much interaction with me, but he was progressively coming to terms with my unwavering existence.

Even so, I didn't need his validation.

Thayer would undoubtedly cause me complications. He apparently had ambitions to find out who was killing one supposed innocent person after another, which was the most prominent mystery in the community. He didn't contribute to any equation in my life, whatsoever.

He was no longer a potential threat to my plans, he certainly was one and I had tasked myself with the tedious task of watching his daily routine, just to see what he was up to. Only I quickly realised how committed he was to his schedule.

Blaze would wake up and get a work out in, I knew so much by the signature tracksuit that moulded his body, his hair would be dishevelled, and he would pretty much have the same solid breakfast, looking over his porch at the end of it. I was intrigued to say the least, because he was very easy on the eyes and just seemed like he was always so put together.

He would get groceries every other day in the occasional Henley, sleeves never brushing higher than his elbows, and he would sometimes drive and leave for hours when he wasn't working. I didn't know where he was going, because the other times, his signature, pressed work shirt wasn't deceiving him.

I contemplated putting a tracker on his vehicle, but then argued against it, because the timing wasn't ever right and for a moment I wondered if he'd have done the same to me, someone who also liked to get away for hours on end doing unquestionable things.

The only human interaction he seemed to have aside from his phone calls to someone who I didn't have a clue about either —was when his housekeeper dropped by, the same one from his childhood, in fact. She had a kind look to her, and she apparently cared much for him, lingering after he was back from work to give him some home-cooked food.

Oh and Kai. She liked to snoop. She watched him all the time, but she was just a very disturbed animal, that craved attention, except she was trying to get it from someone who apparently rejected strays.