𝟐𝟎 | 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 | 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐙𝐄

PATIENCE USED TO BE MY FORTE. Until Audrey came bulldozing into my life and threatened my peace and everything that I stood for. As if it wasn't difficult to get the image of her reaching her climax because of me, bare and panting, it was twice as hard to see her leave with Jameson.

A visceral feeling and something resembling envy flooded over me the second he stepped in and whisked her and Tia away, and I had to stop myself from humiliating the both of us and demanding that he leave her under my watchful eyes.

In any case, a raid at Nine Lo Street wasn't the ideal time or location to confront her, and I wasn't entirely certain what I wanted to reprimand her for. She was under no obligation to take my advice and I shouldn't have expected her to listen to me the last time I had caught her here. She was an adult woman fully capable of making decisions on her own and I would eventually have to face up to that, because she was using every chance to prove so.

Naomi Khanum was incredibly smart...but Audrey was irrational and prone to acting out and even then, it shouldn't have caught me off guard when her brother liked mischief too, and here in the epicentre of recklessly engineered people and their vices —she was going to find it.

Yet, I couldn't figure out was why she insisted in being in harms way.

"You're telling me there's no CCTV footage you can hand over to us right now, despite having a warrant?" Lee narrowed his eyes at one of the Marty boys who merely snarled back.

"If it is found that you are purposefully withholding it, you can very easily end up behind bars." Sevda ground out seriously. "There's a reason the FBI have involvement in this."

"We couldn't care less." Marty boy number two snapped. "Security had maintenance ongoing, so it isn't like there's anything you can find, not when we didn't do anything wrong."

"When were the hours of maintenance conveniently scheduled for and which agency did you have doing the work?" I pressed, moving slightly so my gun glinted.

"All day, you'll have to ask the boss." He retorted in a bored tone, "Come to think of it, we only have security cameras out front, and out back, not inside the premises. In fact, your so called warrant lets you look around, but doesn't give you access to anything more."

"Haiwan." Sevda waved her hand. "Follow me Baxter, you're going to give us what we want and while you're at it, perhaps an address for the owner. We're not here to point the finger at you, but to piece things together and keep your own community safe. Remember that."

"Owner is dead, can't help you there." Baxter, Marty boy number one grumbled unhappily while he trailed after her back into the building. "You're not about to find anything here."

I clenched my jaw and shared a glance with Lee, who was frankly amused. He had been reluctant to carry out the planned strategy tonight and had warned that it would backfire; because Nine Lo had been standing longer than any of us and that a raid would be in vain —but I still persevered.