𝟎𝟕 | 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧-𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | 𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘 [PART 1]

STEP NUMBER ONE TO GET A MAN SPEAKING: THREATEN TO KICK HIM IN THE BALLS.

Except no matter how close I got to his precious jewels, Darren wasn't participating in my active conversation, as all that was escaping his mouth was hysterical sounds and insults, his body all but incapacitated neck down. I had half a mind to pummel him to the ground, without getting what I wanted out of him.

His laughter bounced off the concrete walls, the basement of the abandoned warehouse only amplifying whatever insult he was proudly hurling at me. I was bored of it, sick of hearing the same thing again and again, like he was a broken record playing on repeat.

I plonked down onto the metal chair in front of him, steam passing through my nostrils as I gave Darren a deadly glare, watching as his jaw dropped with amused yelps. He had a bust up lip, one he had inflicted himself when I had initially approached him.

"What the fuck is this?" He spat out, cheeks vehemently shuddering, while he noticed the metal chains that held him in place. "Some sick and twisted BDSM ploy?"

"Something like that." I said through gritted teeth. "You're wasting my time, Darren Wildershaw."

"You have me locked in some disgusting basement, and I'm wasting your time?" Darren sneered. "You're incredibly stupid and won't get away with whatever it is that you think that you're doing."

"What won't I get away with?" I cocked my head to a side, my thighs gripping the chair, legs parted as I set my face in stone. I wasn't amused at all, yet was willing to let him run his mouth, since this was likely going to be the last time he would ever speak again.

"I gave you an in, but this crosses the line. Pedro won't take you to Fitz's, even if you get down on your knees and suck his dick off." Darren growled. "Whoever you are, some doe-eyed drug addict or escort, you clearly don't know how these things work. Blind of me to take one look at you and think you wanted to whore yourself out, but really you want a seat at the table. Isn't that it?"

"Oh?" A sadistic stretch of my lips confirmed my smirk at his admission, because him and I were on different pages and frankly he had let me know now there was a secret table. Perhaps it was good that he didn't know of my true intentions, it wasn't going to change his fate after all.

The fact was, he was afraid of me.

"Only thing I know is you pack a mean punch." Darren huffed out. "I didn't see it coming. Not from you. Especially not behind those glasses you proudly parade behind."

"I do pack a mean punch, except I didn't have to punch you." I sunk my chin into my covered hand, sighing melodramatically. "I try my best to look my part. Whatever that part is, right?"

"What is it?" He grudgingly questioned. "You brought me here, because you're pissed I forced you take the drugs? Or because you wanted to be the one sitting on my lap instead of Marnie? How the fuck and when the fuck did you knock me out?"