𝟏𝟎 | 𝐤𝐚𝐢

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 | 𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘

I WAS PROBABLY THE ONLY PERSON THAT WAS SOBER AROUND HERE. Apparently, that didn't worry me as much as it should have. It didn't scare me away from the shadows of each space crammed with cocaine and naked bodies, nor did it stop me from snaking through sweaty people practically sliding up against one another on the cobbled floor, grinding, drinking and swallowing each other's faces off.

It was some time after dusk when I entered Nine Lo St. Club, hoping to stumble into a few of Darren's acquaintances since it was the other prominent location besides Montanna's where they might be spotted together and the one place he had mentioned in his last moments. Tia dropped me off a block away, while my car was being detailed, slipping away without much thought.

My skin was plastered to my dress, a black jersey material clinging to every dip and curve. Even though it rode along my calves and the straps dug into my shoulders with every turn, it complimented my shape.

The barely-there cropped sweater that lay above my cleavage proved just as much, accentuating my bust greatly, which bode well with the man at the door who had let me in, after stretching my painted lips and shooting him a saccharine smile.

If anything, I didn't look like the typical party girl. I had a very innocent look going for me, even when I dropped my tone to match the surrounding voices. It was hard to perceive me as someone who liked to surround herself in places like this when I had a very studious look going for me, albeit in a sexy way.

No one recognised me. Or knew me.

I was a nobody.

Not to mention that all of my senses were on high alert, soaking in everything around me. My pupils dilated from the light beams pouring over me, my ears pricked at the sound of laughter, screams, and even the creaking of the floorboards, and before I realised it, acidity was now coating my tongue.

It wasn't even that I had consumed the narcotics that these groups ostensibly smuggled in; rather, I had participated in the actual distribution in the hopes of being connected to the supplier, but all I had was Pedro's name and no one named Darren to lead me to him.

Nevertheless, I had plotted since the minute I first set eyes on Wildershaw, assessing his whereabouts, what he did, how he utilised his time engaging in unforgivable acts. I hadn't taken his life in a haste, I had known what I was going to do to him the moment I met him and that's why I hadn't bothered to conceal my identity.

Suffice to say, he deserved it and I couldn't quite help it when my hands started to itch. I thought I had done the right thing, almost...but then a familiar face moved by me in the crowd.

Marnie.

I had given her a way out, gotten rid of her problem, granted she didn't know he was dead, but I had told her she would soon be able to stay away from the madness and just focus on school and yet here the little shit was. Parading the area as if she had already made her mark here, looking older than she was, sporting a bold lip.