𝟐𝟐 | 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐨

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐙𝐄

AUDREY DREW A DEEP BREATH AND COMPOSED HERSELF. She glanced down once and it was like she was moving in slow motion, her lashes touching her cheeks in a caress behind the frames, her lips splitting slightly when she leaned to grab a hold of a glass and sip from it.

She took a big gulp as I watched her hands, they slipped for a brief second —but she just as quickly composed herself. I wondered if she was jaded right now, if she in fact had an ongoing dark habit that consumed her because she was so afraid of her past and whatever it had done to her.

Elyas was still watching her, still simmering with what appeared to be disappointment and concern for his sister. I was reeling over the fact that he was sat by me at all and the awkwardness that I had imagined to be there all along, had simply vanished with a single bear hug.

I had waited when I had seen him earlier, unloading all the luggages as he let his wife and daughter ahead into the house, it was only when he swung his gym bag across his shoulder, did he feel my eyes on him and while I had half expected him to walk away —he didn't.

Rather, he called me a son of a bitch for not keeping in touch and made fun of me for my gains and the fact that he never expected to see me return to our relatively small, disreputable town, though I had pledged I would make it big somewhere else.

It didn't take too long to give him a rundown of my situation and he had nodded in acknowledgment, telling me he tended to keep an eye on the news and didn't like that his sister was all alone out here, but there was nothing he could do about it. 

I had casually invited him and his family for dinner, and secretly hoped that would also mean he would bring along Audrey and here she was, feeding my depraved, sickening attraction towards her, a clueless nervous wreck before Elyas —the only person she respected and perhaps feared.

The air around the table turned awkward and I uneasily shifted, focusing on Irena who was unknowing to everything unravelling. I knew she was a smart girl, but she was also a child and that was why this was the wrong time to have this conversation at all.

"I asked you something." Elyas piped up gruffly. "Answer me, please."

"We met at the Gala." Jameson offered, "Is there a problem? Who are you?"

"I'm Elyas Khanum." Audrey's brother responded with a nod. "That there is my little sister, who tells me she's been going to parties that are being busted up by the Cops? By the Terence PD? What on earth have you been doing all this time and where is it you've been going?"