Chapter 38

A/N: A few more to go to end this. Thank you for staying with me.

We appreciate your votes and comments. I read them all honestly, and I enjoy them a lot.

"All right, students, please gather around." A crowd began to develop.

"On our last day, we will have fun at the enchanted lake because I know some of you are fatigued from all the missions you performed!"

The students could be heard gasping.

"The enchanted lake!"

"That pool of magic? that fabled location?"

"Really? Wasn't that only a silly rumor?"

"That's correct, the enchanted lake isn't just a tale, it exists," one of our lecturers said with a smile.

When some others cheered that concept, I focused on the girl with silver hair who was standing in front of us. She made no attempt to alter her expression in the least, so I guess she's not up for it.

My focus turned to Syd Vallemont, the blue-haired boy standing next to her. Time for me to claim my award.

I went up to Syd when Rachel retired.

"Well? "Are you going to reveal the secrets or not?"

"Eek-!"

Eeek or leek? Leeks?

Will it rain today?

I shook my head.

"I'll speak, umm," He says hesitantly, turning to look at the woman with the silver hair."

"What do you wish to learn?"

"Let me start by asking, has the Vallemont family ever had a son?"

What sort of connection do you have to the Vallemont?"

He gave me a little smile and said, "Well, there was a sudden decree of the Duke Vallemont to adopt a son... for some reason I was lucky enough to be picked."

"You didn't know?"

"Well, a bastard son does not have any authority and gets shunned. That's normal."

"So does it imply you don't share a blood connection with your sister?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Hmm? "Does that imply you can marry your sister?"

"Yeah, but... Ehhh?! I have never considered that before!" When the child hastily waved his hand to dismiss the thought, his face turned a dark shade of red.

What can I say? It seems to me that she eventually won the hearts of every man in her group. I guess that's why I'm not surprised. She is charming and special in her own way.

Now that you've said it, it does seem plausible. It would be wonderful, but hold on, no! I'm her only brother, she says! Our relationship is sincere! My majesty, please don't imagine crazy things!"

It was you who stated it seemed plausible.

...

"Have you all reconciled with her?" I queried.

He grinned sardonically and said, "Well, for a while," as he pointed in the general direction of our camp.

For a little while?

"At first it appeared as though the group had returned, but when she went to speak with someone, her mood abruptly changed. Although she does does not walk away from us when we approach her, she does not respond to us."

Hmm...

"W-where are you going? You're leaving?"

I waved my hand in his direction.

"How about the deal?"

"Consider it done"

A boy with gray hair brushed up against me as I was about to leave. the head of the student council? I believe his name is Philip Auckland.

"Sorry! Please assemble around the open field because there has been an emergency. QUICKLY!" Syd struggled to stand up as we hurried to the pitch.

"M'lord!"

"Sebastian!"

Lady Graciella and the rest of the squad had already formed a group, but certain team members are still absent.

"Where is Lady Rachel?" I queried.

"We were unable to locate her anywhere."

"Alaster? He's not here."

We don't know, but given the man's reputation, it's possible that his knightly instincts led him to decide to lend a hand.

"What on earth is going on?" The girl with strawberry blonde hair questioned softly. What's her name once more, um? I've been around her for a long, but I've never been interested.

"What is going on?"

"We regret that the event has come to an end. We need to send you back to the academy sooner because of urgent circumstances that have arisen!"

We were surrounded by a chorus of frustrated sighs and groans.

"What took place? Why was the event abruptly canceled?"

After a brief period of silence, my brother spoke again, saying, "Everyone get on your carriages—we'll send you back to the academy right away! No need to be concerned; your possessions are in good hands.

He must be aware of something... I am familiar with him.

The others were apprehensive about leaving,

"What about Rachel! We cannot leave her!" While Lady Graciella was being escorted by force, she yelled.

I sense something is happening. It appears that they are attempting to get us out of here quickly.I snuck outside to look for answers while listening in on the conversation my brother and the president of the student council were having.

"They are getting close"

"What?! That's way too fast! "Have all of the students been evacuated?"

"Some started off,"

"You appear restless."

"My fiance is missing,"

"Lady Rachel?"

One of the student council members hurried breathlessly in their direction.

"They're closing in," He said.

"What?!"

"The rebels are on the move!"

"And they got Lady Rachel with them."