Chapter 11

(A/N)HOLY—We reached 2.3k reads!

Do you think I'm going to say thanks? but it was me DIO!

(2021 a's/note: I was really hyped
 when I typed that jojo reference!
Anyway, please enjoy the revised version.
 Whenever I revised chapters I always
 add and remove some scenes so it
 kinda alters the story but... not the plot!
Enjoy!)

Chapter 11

"We have reached the Vallemont residence" An old man said to the boy who was sitting on the carriage. He took a glance at the mansion and slowly went back to his timid sitting posture.

"Young master," The old man called out to him. The boy batted an eyelid. He knew that once he enters this residence and becomes one of them, there are things will never be the same as it was before from his past life.

That's right, he was just a boy living in an orphanage, he grew up without his parents since he was abandoned but there came the news that the duke wanted to adopt a boy. There were no official announcement about why he wanted to adopt a boy, only an announcement that he wants to adopt one.

The orphanage was bustling with energy as always when Sister Carmelita came in with a happy expression.

"Alright Kids, I have a big announcement for you today!" Sister Carmelita said in a happy tone. All of the children in the orphanage stopped what they're doing as we all ran towards her, calling her name as we guessed what announcement she is going to announce.

"Sister, will we be having a big feast tonight?" "Or maybe a new one is showing? Is it a he or a she?" "Idiot it must be food, F O O D" The other started guessing too as they were all hushed up by a grinning Carmelita.

"Okay that's enough guessing, No one guessed the correct answer," She said as a group of armored men walked inside. The crest was very familiar to me of course because of how widely known the Vallemont family is.

But why are they here...?

"One of you boys will be chosen as the adopted son of the Vallemont Family" Sister Carmelita rejoiced as the boys shouted in glee as this is a very rare opportunity, I of course was also happy, who wouldn't? this duke, who is known for his many achievements and merits decided to adopt a boy, furthermore, it might be me or one of us in this orphanage!

All of us, boys were happily chatting In the middle of the room as we were waiting for our name to be called while the girls were sulking in the other room because they couldn't grab the chance to be adopted since they are not boys.

"Hey let's play a game!" One of us suggested, it was Jones who said that.

"Let's play the what if you will be chosen as the adopted son of the duke" He added, majority of us nodded in agreement as we gathered around him.

"So what if I will be chosen as the adopted son of the duke, Ben you go first" Jones said smiling. He was always smiling, he is like the most cheerful and happy kid in this place. He brings this kind of aura around him that makes people feel relaxed and happy around him. Wherever he goes and whatever he does, he will always bring you a smile on your face that will lighten the mood.

it was a pretty childish and nonsensical game but it was always fun to hear their answers so I also joined in.

"Eh? Why me, well...if I become one, I will maybe...eat a lot since I could have the chance to eat whatever I want right?" Ben said unsure, some of them nodded.