Chapter 17

S/N: I realized this chapter only has 600+ words lmao

"I'm very sorry! I'm sorry! I deserve to die! I'm so sorry!" The girl bowed to apologize.

Now I knew why this scenario and dialogue feels familiar, it was actually her! Rosetta Plattes, the renowned heroine of the game.

I actually forgot that Syd was the first to encounter Rosetta when she was in a hurry to enter the academy and bumped into him. Typical heroine plot. This was actually their first encounter and as you can see, they both will bump into each other.

But seriously, what's with the dialogue? Is she suicidal? If she wants to die, she better just become me! Rachel!

Syd and I weren't supposed to be together but since Syd pleaded to go with me, we decided to travel here together.

"AAAHH!"

The three of them looked at me when they heard me shout.

I quickly withdrew my hand and looked away. This is bad, I pointed at her.

"Sister, Are you familiar with her?" Syd asked as the pink-haired girl stopped bowing and also looked at me with those clear big brown eyes. Dang, she looks prettier in real life than inside the screen.

"N-no, I-I mean--" I tried to deny, avoiding their eyes, looking for something to point.

"Ahh! Look the academy is so big!!" I said and jolted to the main gate.

"Lady!"

"Sister!"

Syd and Sebastian called out to me but I just jolted to the main gate without looking at the back.  This isn't how we were supposed to meet. We were supposed to be introduced in the classroom.

"Good day, students, teachers, we're requesting for all of you to gather at the main hall for we will now start our opening ceremony" A voice spoke up, I whipped my head around to see where it was projected.

Are there radios here? But there is no sign of technologies invented yet.

"I repeat, please make haste for we will now start our opening ceremony at the main hall" I tried tracking where the voice was heard only to see a small bulb of light floating at the top of the hallway, it seems to be where the voice came.

That's pretty cool!

I wonder where I can see the device who can emit sounds like this! Should I take a detour and take a look at it? Opening ceremonies are an ass anyway.

Who would want to sit around just to hear someone speak in front of the stage? I don't even wanna go to school.

"Ray!! It's good to see you here!" I looked at the guy who is walking towards me. Beaming in happiness. His silky blonde hair seems to sparkle in the light. He looks definitely like an angel who descended from heaven. 

Yuck.

Except the angel is a demon in disguised.

"I think I'm having my eyes check later, I think I'm seeing things," I said as I walked towards where the main hall is. Ignoring the shining statue.

"The main hall is this way"

"Yep, I'll have my ears check later too, I'm hearing things," I said as I turned back and avoided eye contact with him. How is this human but not human here? Isn't he supposed to be busy with him being both an elite student and a member of the student council?

"Wha--!" I yelped out when he held me by my waist. 

"That's a rude way to treat your fiancée, we haven't seen each other that often when I entered the academy." He said.

No, not my waist!

Grr.

"You--" James said as he looked at me in the eyes.

"Don't say it" He merely nodded and took a step back, before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"You're actually fat..." He said still laughing.

"You're insane, I'm out of here," I said as I stomped towards the location of the main hall.

I can still hear his laughter erupting as I stormed off.

""She's so cute...HAHA!"" 

----

"I made it in time," I said and breathed out a sigh of relief.

"M'lady!" I heard Sebastian calling me as he waved his hand up in the air. I walked towards him and lined up properly.

"You're in time, I thought you're glitching the ceremony," Sebastian said.

"Who would do that?" I said as I shrugged.

"You" Syd and Sebastian answered.

"Did I?"

The both of them looked at me skeptically before paying attention to the stage.

A soft sound of a bell was heard on the stage and a guy, wearing the same blue uniform but with a green badge on his left chest stood up and walked at the center. The whole room was dead silent. Nobody dared to break the silence.

The air was tense.

"Philip Auckland" Syd whispered. I don't know why he whispered his name but,

Philip Auckland...

The final bachelor.

"Woah, the rumors are real, he sure looks stoic and serious," Sebastian said.

"I only heard him from rumors but I guess it is really true" Syd replied.

"Really? Is he really that serious?" I asked.

"Y-yes! Haven't you heard about the rumors that are going on around him sis?" Syd asked. I shook my head no and hummed by myself.

Ahh, Philip huh? He does look like a very serious guy, but I know  that that's not much about him.

He's a baby. A very innocent one.