Chapter 31

The day has finally come when I can see my brother again. I've been keeping track of the days since I last saw him.

I joyfully skipped along the brick road while carrying a basket.

Mama advised me to buy the groceries so my brother and I could enjoy a full meal tonight.

I'm trying to decide what to purchase my brother as a surprise present.

I always wanted to offer him a gift that would make him think of me.

I jumped with joy just picturing my brother grinning as he accepted my gift.

I wonder how many head pats I'll get soon!

I laughed.

I should buy the ingredients first otherwise Mama would scold me.

"I'll need two, no, four bags!"

"That's too much for a 3-day camp," someone said."

"You don't understand, girls have way too much stuff to put."
"You act as though I'm not a girl either, you know."
I took a quick look at the two girls who were speaking to one another.
The chatty girl began pointing at something inside the store, but the white-haired one only shook her head and groaned,"

"We won't be at a beach, we'll be in a camp."

The person with brown hair exclaimed, "Then let's buy those instead!" drawing the attention of the bystanders.

"We're not going to buy those pebbles, what do you need them for anyway?"

"Charm? Or perhaps if there is a monster, we can throw them with these?"
Are they stupid?
I shook my head and thought. Small rocks are only thrown at monsters by idiots, doing so will only enrage the creatures. There must be some adults who lack common sense.

Oh! the ingredients right!

I quickly sprinted to a local store and handed the clerk the piece of paper my mother had written the ingredients on.

The woman gave me a nice grin and said, "Flora? Quite a feast huh?" before carefully placing the items in my basket.

I excitedly told her, "My brother is coming back, so we wanted to offer him a lovely supper!"

She said, "That's wonderful, send my regards to him," and I acknowledged it by nodding. Given that she will turn 20 this year, to my brother and I, she is like an elder sister. We were like a family, and when my brother started going to the academy, the only person in the town to chat with is her.

It's true that there are kids but they're always playing here and there and I don't enjoy the scent of sweat and sun, plus they are also far too stupid.

She handed me the basket and said, "Here you go! Is it too heavy?"

I made an effort to lift the hefty basket with my brittle, little arms.

One of the reasons I detest being a kid is because of this!

How come my limbs are so short?

I smiled and said, "It's okay! I can handle it!"

Before she could finish, her father called her from inside the shop, "It's fine reallly."

"Anna, help me, the customers are pouring in!"

Her happy expression changed to a pout as she cast a worrisome glance my way.

I waved my hand in front of her and chuckled at her face, saying, "It's okay, I may be a kid, but I can do this myself, you should help your father."