Chapter 23

"Lady Rachel?"

I hummed to the person who called out to me. I didn't bother to look at him, From his annoying voice, I already knew it. I've decided not to look at another 'annoying' face, the food will go to waste!

My eyes traveled to the white-haired boy in front of me. Aww, Philip looks cute as always.

It seems to me that he got conscious of the stares that I've been giving him because he met my gaze. His face turned bright red when he caught me staring at him and hugged the chocolate that was on his table.

"I-I'm not giving you my chocolates, Don't you dare steal them" He mumbled, looking away.

"I won't, I won't," I said waving my hands in front of me.

"Really?" He asked as I nodded, confirming. Phil and his obsession with sweet things. He loves chocolate the most.

As I continue stuffing the food in my mouth, I realized that there has been no progression in the love story of these 'humans' right here.

"Hey, guys?" I asked, and they automatically whipped their head in my direction. Do you know? It kinda feels like I just called for the attention of my dog ha-ha.

By now, they must've grown some crush or interest in her. It's the second week so, at least 2 to 3 of them could've been charmed already.

"What do you think of Rosetta?" I saw them stiffened by my question. I knew it!

"Uh..."

Ho-ho, If they are too dense in making a move, then this Rachel will help them! I will become the bridge of their blossoming love~

Maybe if I'd helped them, my fate would not fall into doom! Maybe they'd even reward me for becoming their bridge! And then-My life will continue and I will no longer have to worry about getting killed in this...world...?

"Um, I think S-She's...nice?" My dear brother said as he scratched his cheek with his forefinger. Why do seem so unsure?!

Hmm? What about my dear mind-reading butler?

"It's good that Lady Rachel finally had a friend that is a woman to keep company," Sebastian said as he poured me another cup of tea. My mind hasn't changed one bit, I wanna complete my juice experiment, 'I have someone to try it with anyways.' I thought as my eyes traveled to the white-haired boy.

I saw him shake a little as he took out his arm and checked it. "I just have a goose bump right now"

"I think so too! Ray had so many friends that are not girls!" The demo-I mean, Prince James said.

I wonder how he popped out? :)

"I think it's fine right?" Leon butted in.

"What do you mean fine?" Leon came close to me and rested a shoulder on my head. Why do I feel like my height is getting mocked?

"That's because I could never get this close to Lady Rachel--whoops"

"Don't get near her, It's not lawful to be closed to another boy if someone's already engaged!" The prince retorted.

"Alright, Alright. But Lady Rachel, why do you ask about what we think towards Ms. Rosetta?" Leon asked. I think I stepped into a crap.

Oh Crap, but Carp sounds delicious no?

"Um...I was just asking because,"

"I just suddenly pulled her into our group and you know? Without the consent of the others?" I laughed it off.

"You don't have to answer them," I said shrugging it off and began facing my food once again.

Silence.

And then,

"Well, I think everyone feels the same." Leon started, and the rest nodded their heads.

Eh?

What does this mean? Do they already have feelings for her?! Rosetta, how did you charm these guys in such a short period?! An angel, truly the heroine.

"If she's a good friend to you then we agree, If she dares harm you in any way, we will give her a lesson! But, she's also our friend." Sebastian said.

Uhuh? So no romantic feelings? Or crushes?

"I-I think of the same way, Rosetta has been kind to us, She's a great friend!" Syd said as he smiled. Aww, my little cinnamon roll.

"What do you think Philip?" Leon asked the white-haired boy. Philip stopped eating his chocolates as he looked away.

"I guess she's fine, she doesn't steal my food, she does not stare at me too, and she also does not pinch my cheeks for no reason." He said. Hey, If you forgot, I'm still existing.

Well, I guess this is fine right? They don't like her in that way, but they also do not dislike her. It's more on the neutral path.

The only problem is that, If the love story does not come up well, will I still get executed or not?

"Speaking of Ms. Rosetta "

"She is rather late than usual..." Sebastian commented. Oh? I thought she only wanted to go on a detour, but she's getting late?

"Hey, have you heard? A first-year student almost got killed!"

"A rumor?"

"No! A student saw it afar when he was out for a walk, luckily the girl survived but she fainted, I heard she fell from a well."

I think we all have the same idea about what's going on so we decided to look. It was not as far from here as what we asked from the students we passed by.

Soon after, we finally got to the scene.

"Ms. R-Rosetta?" Syd asked unsure as he pointed to the strawberry-haired girl, lying on the ground.

"Rosetta!" We all came running towards her. She was only unconscious, she just fell into the well. Her clothes were wet. Luckily the well isn't that deep and there's water to catch her beneath, making the impact on the ground a lot lesser.

"She will be fine, she just lost conscious" One of the doctors from our school said. We sighed in relief.

But thinking again, this feels familiar, the setting, the people, even the words.

When it finally sank in, a student came near and pointed at me with trembling hands.

"She-she's the one who pushed her into the well!"

Rachel pushed Rosetta into the well after interrogating her about her sudden closeness to the bachelors, especially Prince James.

But, the lie was, I never once pushed her. Maybe the old Rachel would but, I was with the rest of the group, I cannot multiply myself and push her.

I don't want to push her. I would never.

Dedicated to:

TricaJansevanRensbu

CarnelianOpalite

Thanks for vote flooding

I just recently found out how to dedicate so I'll be getting annoying from now on.